2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here it is again! Deer season!

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37898

Nice buck Whit..

Would like to see a close up of the rack if you have one. Can't see them very well in that pic.

John... great shot of the kabobs on the grill. MEAT Looking good.

I am going to have to do some more grilling soon.

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 4 months ago #37916

Congrats Whit and Hobbler. I've been in my stand and lately seeing nothing. Looking at camera pics tells me they have gone nocturnal here already. Rarely a daytime shot of even a doe. Gun season starts Monday, but I may go on state land as they don't get moving much with all the private land owners all sitting hunting and no drives.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 4 months ago #37921

what a great Turkey day. My fiancee shot her 1st buck today. A 140lb 6 pt. One perfect heart shot at 230 yds. Such a great feeling so happy for her. She has been trying for 16 yrs. Pic to follow had to resize
Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 4 months ago #37922

Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 4 months ago #37925

I think that smile on her face say's it all.great job....

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 4 months ago #37978

A great shot, and nice buck, Hobler666!

I have had a good season this year, got two bucks and a very very large doe. Hunting is one of the few good things about this fall...

We still have a few days left in the season, would like to get out a few times more.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 3 months ago #37987

Congrats to all sucessful. My son got a doe on our opening day of gun season and I was skunked. I see on my cameras that all the bucks survived in my area. I will go out in my woods, with the crossbow, come January when they start coming out more in daylight, and see how it goes. I hope I get one before they shed the antlers, but either way venison is good food!

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 3 months ago #38000

Well this is not a deer story...

But on Christmas Eve morning... it had rained and stormed the night before so the leaves were soaked... and that next morning it was calm and around 58 degrees (early that morning).. Perfect for squirrel hunting...

Below shows what it looked like as my boy Cole and I made our way into the woods... It was a beautiful sunrise and turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day.

There are two good examples in the Bible of how us humans react when we consider this creation that we live in... Psalms 19. Myself personally I am in this group. David wrote that --- The sky proclaims the glory of God and the heavens the works of his hands. David considers the awesomeness of Gods creation and it is absolute proof that there is a God and he gives him glory for it. Read the rest of Psalms 19 and David goes on to consider how God would have him to live, his word, his instructions, etc... Next David considers his own sin, and even his unintentional sin... and he ends up praying a simple but powerful prayer... May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable to you LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Now that is the ideal reaction for a man when he sees the awesomeness of GODS creation...

Unfortunately not everyone Sees the evidence and Reacts in this way (even though they are... without excuse)... Read Romans 1 - 19-32 for a good example of that. Notice how they end up when they do not see the Glory of God thru this Creation. Just watch the evening news... or go visit your local jail, or serve on a Jury panel... and you will see directly how people turn out when they fall into this group.

All of that from a picture of the sunrise :-)

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 3 months ago #38001

And yes... we did get a good mess of squirrel.

And I taught my son a little more about how you can survive and eat well off this land we have.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are headed towards a Happy New Year !

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 3 months ago #38003

good eating right there

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online

We have 328 guests and no members online

Login