2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here it is again! Deer season!

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37882

Very nice, Cole and TNHUNTER!

I had some good luck with a huge doe just this weekend... Busted her good right behind the shoulder blades, and she still ran 80 yards... and in so doing jumped two horse pasture fences... I am always amazed at how far an adult can run after a kill shot. It's muzzleloader season here for another week....
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37887

got this 155 lbs 10 pt 7 am this morning came in to grunt n doe bleat
Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37888

Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37889

Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37890

Nice Buck there Hobbler...

Something special when you can make them come to you.

I love it when you can call em up. Turkeys, Foxes, Yotes, Crows, Quail, Deer...

PS... for those that asked my boy Cole is shooting my Grandfathers old .308 Remington Woodsmaster, semi auto... with a 3x9 scope.

When he was 8 years old, he killed his first buck (a nice 8 pointer) with a .410 shotgun and slug. Now that really was impressive.

Since then as he grew stronger I changed him over to the .308 and man he makes it hard on them with that old gun.

PS... I have a back strap grilling success story that I wanted to share with you guys. Turned out really good.

I have a platter type thing (metal) with smaller holes in it, that I normally use on top of my grill rack, when grilling fish.

I used that to make this happen..

First I took a 4 or 5\" long section of backstrap, and butterflied it, to open it up some and make it less thick. You end up with a piece of meat that is around 1\" thick when you do it that way.

I seasoned the meat with a little salt, pepper, onion and garlic (both sides).

I cut strips of bacon the same length as the backstrap steak... and put down bacon on my platter first.

After seasoning the meat with the 4 above, I put down a thick layer of A1 sauce (love that stuff), on both sides.

So basically I had bacon on the bottom and top of the backstrap steak, smothered it in A!, and seasoned with salt pepper onion and garlic.

Let it cook 5-6 minutes on low (your grill may vary)... then turned it over, cooked another 5-6 minutes, making sure I kept a layer of bacon on bottom and top..

Man that turned out really good. As good as any beef sirloin steak I ever had.

I was using backstrap from that 70 lb nubby buck that Cole got... so it was extra tender.

Venison has very little fat, so it is hard to grill it without it drying out... but add a layer of bacon and Oh man... turns out really good.

If you all have any good grilling or (how ever you cook it) recipes for deer - share them here. I might want to give them a try.

TNhunter

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37891

For backstraps I like to do a kabob. I cube them to about 1x1in then swipe a thin layer of cream cheese across, add a pepper slice
(I like banana peppers), wrap in bacon and add to the kabob. then just place whatever else on the kabob. Mushrooms, onions or whatever you like.
Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37892

I also season them with seasoned salt and steak seasoning.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37893

good looking bob's.john...good looking buck Hob..

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37896

Very nice buck there Hobler666shang!

Here's my buck i got yesterday morning... Proud of the shot as well as the animal. He was 260 yards away... used my Remington model 700VDS in .243. He's a 9 point, and weighed 220 lb.s biggest animal I have ever taken. That's really big for here in NC.

Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37897

Thxs everyone. Great buck n shot Whitjr. My buck came right upto 63 yds. He he was coming straight at me head down had stopped. Took him in the back of the neck went straight through into chest with my Remington 700 300 win mag dropped him in his tracks. Tnhunter that's s great deer n hunter ur son got a what he's becoming.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 159 guests and no members online

Login