2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need some helpful info for a newbie

need some helpful info for a newbie 9 years 1 week ago #34746

I live in far northern nh, is there a specific region I should source seeds from. I am still in an acceptable planting zone. I will be doing a spring planting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:need some helpful info for a newbie 9 years 1 week ago #34767

It's always best to get your seeds for a supplier as close as possible to where you live. If you can buy seeds that came from NH, you will have a better success rate than if you buy seeds from Georgia.

Re:need some helpful info for a newbie 9 years 1 week ago #34774

Nonexistent supply locally. Trying to find seed from someone in another northern state.

Re:need some helpful info for a newbie 9 years 1 week ago #34779

I believe there is a seed seller out of central NY somewhere. I know there are other suppliers in Minnesota and Wisconsin, which are far enough north they may match NH climate/soil.

Re:need some helpful info for a newbie 9 years 6 days ago #34840

I have gotten seeds from a seller in zone 4B who claims their seed is from wild strains, to try to better match my climate. I just planted last year so I cannot attest to the results from their seeds. I know the people I ordered from seemed mom and pop, I spoke with real people, and they got seeds to me quickly, and on time for me to plant them during my vacation. I'm not sure about the etiquette here, so if you would like the the website I ordered from please send me a message, and I will certainly provide their info.

Re:need some helpful info for a newbie 9 years 1 day ago #34867

Good advice above, ch47gunnergirl..

As far as the etiquette, here, if yu buy from another vendor that our host, is best to do what you've done.

good luck up there!

Re:need some helpful info for a newbie 8 years 11 months ago #34987

I am from New Hampshire.

Have you considered stewarding wild ginseng plants ? That is what I do.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 515 guests and no members online

Login