2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is the going rate when selling ginseng ?

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34366

Whitjr wrote:

IMHO>>> i have to agree that this does not look anything like our favorite herb. If you dealer is convinced that it is, then you indeed have a dilemma.. take his $$ and run -or- not. either way you go with this, you are taking a course that will be inheritly unsatisifing, as you don't know the true nature of this herb.

I say dilemma, as when i look this up as aralia, I see that there are seven [7] types and at least 5 of them are poisonous. Since you harvested this, perhaps you can remember what the top growth looked like. I have provided you a link below to looks at the different Aralia plants.

plants.ces.ncsu.edu/plants/search/?q=Aralia

If I was not sure, like certainty, that what i had in my hand was poisonous, I don't think I would sell it. IMHO.

It's hard to be sure from the picture but I think it's Aralia Californica. Also called California spikenard. Same plant family as ginseng, but a very distant relative.

Good Luck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34368

We would all be dead as the man has been drinking the tea for years now. It smells like Ginseng and the plants in the pictures had been dried for over 2 years. I'm done here on thursday I am taking it to a healing doctor who knows all about Ginseng. I will let you know what he says as I am not a liar and this is not a joke. The plant I have now is white and it looks a lot like what I have seen on the net. So please stop with the post saying I am ripping someone off.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34369

Steel wrote:

We would all be dead as the man has been drinking the tea for years now. It smells like Ginseng and the plants in the pictures had been dried for over 2 years. I'm done here on thursday I am taking it to a healing doctor who knows all about Ginseng. I will let you know what he says as I am not a liar and this is not a joke. The plant I have now is white and it looks a lot like what I have seen on the net. So please stop with the post saying I am ripping someone off.

First, you came here asking our opinion. We gave it. You didn't like it. Now you are arguing with us.

Secondly, are you suggesting we do not know about American ginseng?

Third, who is calling you a liar or joker? It is common for folks new to ginseng to mistake other plants for the herb. We are trying to help you. No one is calling you a liar.

Finally, no one said you are ripping someone off. I said I think it would be unethical and potentially illegal to sell something you know or have reason to believe isn't what someone thinks it is. If Whitjr is right, you might be responsible legally for any bad things that happen. We are not suggesting you have intentionally tried to pass something else as ginseng at this point. We think you made a mistake. Nothing more and nothing less. We have all done it when we were new. However, what you do from here out will show what kind of person you really are. Won't it?

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34371

Yep sure you guy's know everything no need to post here anymore. Later.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34372

No, we dont know everything. But we do know a whole lot about one thing! Clearly you don't like what you've heard but it is what it is.
If you have tissue samples, dealers, universities and medicine men (lol) saying one thing then....you don't need us anyhow

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34373

Steel, You got any pyrite out there?

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34393

I have seen 50+ year old ginseng root in person, and it still looked like ginseng to me, no different than a 5 year root. Ginseng root does not turn woody and stiff and into a root ball cluster as is shown in your image. You have something that may or may not be valuable, but we all with 100% certainty can guarantee that what you showed is not American Ginseng. This is a website that's sole purpose is the growth/selling/planting/discussing of American Ginseng, and what you have is not that. Your experts and test results do not change the fact.

That being said, I take no joy in bursting your bubble. If you are interested in ginseng, I hope you stay on these forums and learn and discuss with us.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34394

I am going to let you all know what it is when I take it to a guy on the 10th of this month. I appreciate everyone's input. Please stop reply to this thread as I get email notifications and I am tired of deleting them. Bcastle your a rude piece of shit and I would hope to never hear from you again. Telling me I am being unethical when I am going thru all this trouble to find out what I have is out of line. So go pound sound and please don't waste your time or mine by posting in this thread. So in other words GFY.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34395

LOL

Well, you know the old saying. If you can't handle the heat....

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34396

Steel,
In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be moved by ship and it was also before the invention of commercial fertilizer, so large shipments of manure were quite common. It was shipped dry, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once water (at sea) hit it, not only did it become heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a byproduct is Methane gas of course. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles You can see what could (and did) happen. Methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM! Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined Just what was happening

After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the Instruction ' Stow high in transit ' on them, which meant for the sailors to stow it high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Thus evolved the term ' S.H.I.T ' , (Stow High In Transit) which has come down through the centuries and is in use to this very day.

I find fascinating, the true meaning of that colorful word you just used in your derogatory definition.

Hillhopper;)

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 350 guests and no members online

Login