2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is the going rate when selling ginseng ?

What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34319

I know you guy's told me that my picture was not ginseng but I have been told that it is after doing a tissue test off the root I got. They offered me $400 a lbs is this the going rate or are they trying to steal it from me. What are you guy's getting a pound ? It's 75 to 100 years old.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34322

I would get a 2nd opinion, as your root in the picture doesn't look anything like ginseng to me. On 2nd thought, if you can find a sucker to pay you $$$ for it, than go for it. $400 for a dried pound is pretty light for ginseng prices this past season, however $400 a pound for hickory roots is a steal. :)

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34323

If you can get 400 bucks a pound for some kind of tall weed roots... go for it buddy :-)

Never heard of a tissue test for ginseng... think you may be pulling our leg on that.

I got 635.00 / lb for my wild ginseng root this year. Price varies by State, size, age, quality and exactly when you sell it.

See the link below for information on state laws regulating harvesting and sale of wild ginseng roots.

www.wildgrown.com/laws.htm

Wonder why there are no laws for California or any other states west of the Mississippi ?

Think about it.

TNhunter

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34325

Steel,

I would sell all of that stuff you got there for 400 per pound. It is definitely not ginseng.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34326

Have you ever seen a plant this is 75 years old ?

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34328

:laugh: I think somebody has been smoking that stuff instead of tissue sampling.
Who is 'they'? The ones willing to purchase it..

Hillhopper

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34329

I guess you feel UC Davis is full of c rap then. I asked of help here and I get a bunch of sarcastic comments. If you don't know what a tissue sample is then I am wasting my time here.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34330

If someone wants it at $400/lb, you had better let it go in a hurry. I haven't a clue what it is but I know what it ain't. Although,it may have some type of value all to its own.

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34331

Can you answer the question please, Have you ever seen a plant that is 75 years old ?

Re:What is the going rate when selling ginseng ? 9 years 2 months ago #34332

In person,no. I have only dug a couple in the 50 year range and i cant even imagine the number iv found in the 20-40 year range. They dont change their characteristics when they get older, they just get older and a little larger.

You can find pics of old roots on the web all day long.

This is an old Chinese Ginseng root. They grow a little more stringy than American roots.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 392 guests and no members online

Login