Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: wild simulated

wild simulated 14 years 3 weeks ago #3408

• LRA
  • LRA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can a dealer tell the difference between wild and wild simulated ginseng? or do they just mix it all together

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:wild simulated 14 years 3 weeks ago #3411

I've sold mixed bags of wild and wild simulated and they look the same to me and they look the same to the dealers. In fact, if I understand correctly, there should be no difference what-so-ever between the two after 10 years of growth. The state of Tennessee considers wild-simulated ginseng, wild ginseng. Chemically and physically there should be no difference if 1) The ground is not tilled, 2) There have been no pesticides or fertilizers used and 3) after planted the ginseng has been left on its own to struggle, just like in the wild.

I have seen \"woods-grown\" ginseng before and it DOES look different. There are very few rings on the main root, and there are generally nitrogen rings on it. Sometimes the root looks like a white icecycle radish if over fertilized.

Re:wild simulated 14 years 3 weeks ago #3413

The thing that will tip off a dealer, that they are Wild Simulated, is when you show up with large quantities of roots all the same age. Or large quantities of roots all within 1 to 5 years of each other. Large quantities of Truly wild roots would have a very wide range of ages. Dealers will resell the Wild Simulated as Wild, but may use the information as a bargaining chip to try to give you a lower price.

Re:wild simulated 14 years 3 weeks ago #3414

• Kristi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yardgrower wrote:

Dealers will resell the Wild Simulated as Wild, but may use the information as a bargaining chip to try to give you a lower price.

So they will try and gyp us?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Who's Online

We have 281 guests and no members online

Login