2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend?

Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 14 years 1 week ago #3376

If I read one more idiotic posting I'll puke. Plant your seeds, check in every now and then. If you need to converse every little detail of your life go to facebook.

Sorry. You all were thinking the same thing I was.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 14 years 1 week ago #3377

otjoe, EXACTLY RIGHT - THANKS

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 14 years 1 day ago #3401

Well, otjoe and lenno-

I guess that you have exposed me for what I am; a simple person who loves ginseng so much that he posts his every move. I?m busted. You got me. Cuff me and stuff me.

It seems to me, that some of you feel that you are special. You feel that you are above the rest of us; especially those of us who are new to this. Well, in that respect, you are indeed special. You have been doing this for a while, so I guess - you are in a way - American royalty. I drop humbly to my knees, and pray that you, in all of your knowledge, can lead the rest of us to salvation. It is, of course, my dream to be like you. I hope that one day, I can come on here and post my experiences in a manner that will not be looked upon with contempt.

Honestly, I hope that one day, I can post on here and not be scorned for my attempts. I hope that I can establish a plan and follow it, and post my results as I go.

I have established the only eastern redwood forest in America, and the sole wild dawn redwood forest outside of China, and I receive 3 ? 12 emails a week on this subject. I respond to them all. If I took the position of otjoe, this knowledge would go nowhere; I would rudely tell you to screw off.

No, I respond to these emails because I truly care and I want to see the knowledge spread.

If I seem to you, as a wasteless time of poster, I do apologize. My intention, is to spread the ginseng seed of knowledge.

My final thoughts on this however, are that if my posts were so stupid, that otjoe should have been professional enough to contact me personally, and let me know. He did not, however, leading me to believe that he is nothing but an attention whore himself.

I am ashamed and disgusted, that people like otjoe still exist on this board and in general.

Sorry if I got a little excited and posted what we were doing, but I felt it was for the better of the planet. I guess that when I get a bug up my ass, I involve everyone I know and get them on board.

Don?t worry otjoe, I will not be back. You have embarrassed me and shown me what a prick you are.

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 11 months ago #3415

Hey guys i really don't see what the big deal is. I mean aint this forum on here for people to reply to messages. I mean that is what its for ain't it. I mean i didn't read all of the posts that were made by dawnredwood but sometimes i like to respond to all of them myself. But that is just my opinoin i hope i didn't offend anybody in anyway. I also believe that people should think before they type before putting someone down. Hey we are all buds on here so lets just get along if someone posts something u don't like just turn your head.
JUST MY OPINION JEREMY/HILLBILLY

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 11 months ago #3441

• Kristi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 11 months ago #3443

• LRA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dawnredwoods seems to ask a lot of very basic questions for a self proclaimed horticultural genius. kinda odd to me. Maybe dawnredwoods should be a little less arogant. Just a thought.

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 11 months ago #3445

Since these posts have been showing up in my email notifications, I came back here to change my settings so that they do not, in the future. While here, however, I will address the responses to my post.

Hillbilly-
I appreciate your post. This is along the lines of what I thought.

Kristi-
I can?t even begin to respond to your post. I have no idea who you are, and while I think I appreciate what you were trying to say, I honestly can?t tell. He/she, you can?t even tell what gender I am. Please do not help me in the future.

LRA-
The post to which you refer, about being a horticultural genius - well - that was supposed to be humor. I realize that it is sometimes difficult to discern emotions online, but this whole thing is beyond ridiculous now. Is everything on here, black and white? Apparently, humor is not my forte, sorry.

Perhaps I should explain exactly what my qualifications are, and how they impact this site.

I am a silviculturalist, not a horticulturalist; that is, my expertise is in trees, specifically redwoods. More specifically, dawn redwoods. My life?s work has been dedicated to this specie, and its reintroduction to the Blue Ridge Mountains, where it has not existed naturally for some 35 million years. I do, however, seem to have an extraordinary green thumb when it comes to germination. It is in this light, that I posted what I did. Sorry if some of you took it as an egotistical post. Again, the Internet is a crappy conveyor of emotion.

While there are indeed, some similarities between herbaceous and woody plants, there are many differences as well. One of those, is the direction in which sprouts point. While the majority go into the ground, a few do go the opposite way. Some are roots, while others are stems. When I posted, I was pressed for time. Half of my seeds (and I had over 30,000 of them) were sprouting in the bag when I got them. Does the word ?panic? come to mind for anyone else?

While I felt I knew what to do, I was in a foreign field and sought advice from experts in THIS field. To be honest, I am a leading expert globally, for dawn redwoods, but I am new to ginseng. It was in this manner that I sought advice.

My apologies if I came off as a know-it-all, but if I were really that, I would not be here in the first place. My intention was to be damn sure, before I put my hands in the ground.

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 11 months ago #3451

I rest my case.

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 10 months ago #3538

I could care less if you posted 100 times a day as when I'm bored I enjoy reading posts and many times after reading I learn something or other. My question is, why would you try to re-introduce something that has been void of an area for millions of years? I mean, my thoughts on that would be there is a reason for them vanishing other than by humans over harvesting.

Re:Can Someone Please Find Dawnredwoods a job or a friend? 13 years 10 months ago #3557

YEEEHAW good old fation sisy fite.

Guy

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 470 guests and no members online

Login