2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng liquor

Ginseng liquor 9 years 5 months ago #32656

I have been thinking about making some Ginseng liquor. I think it looks cool as a decoration and some say it has wonderful medical affects. Has anyone tied this? If so was alcohol did you use? I am thinking about using vodka or everclear. How long should you let it age? I am thinking about doing it in a ball canning jar.

Cheers,

This is a example I found online
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng liquor 9 years 5 months ago #32690

Never tried that... but can't imagine it having good health results. Might make you feel good (temporarily) though :-)

My favorite ways to consume ginseng are these...

1.. Take a green root, and slice it as thin as I can (potato chip thin).. when they dry they are very easy to chew, kind of like a potato chip.
You can also put a few slices in hot green tea or coffee and they will soften up and taste like fresh sang, but coffee or tea flavored.

2.. When I eat dry root, I put a root or two in my blender on \"grind\" for about 30 seconds and the end result is sort of coarse coffee ground texture. I keep that in a little fancy glass on my home office desk, and take a pinch or two a day.

3.. While hunting seng, when I find one, I chew the stalk to get the juice out of it and then spit the rest out. It has some zing to it and seems to keep you going.

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng liquor 9 years 5 months ago #32705

I got mine in a high quality backwoods shine for about 4 years now. The roots in the bowl i will cut it up like TN hunter does and use it like a dip through out the off season. I prefer mine fresh, during the season,i have bunch of half eatn roots that got dried up as i ate it, then ill get a fresh one out the fridge. I also chop em up like minced garlic and put it in local honey.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng liquor 9 years 5 months ago #32732

HEY TN LET ME ASK IF THE OLDER THE ROOT THE BETTER? FOR COMSUMPTION I MIGHT ADD. ME U AND KIRBY NEED TO GET TOGETHER IN OFF-SEASON WHEN WE ALL HAVE MORE TIME AND MAKE SOME SERIOUS PLANS FOR 2015! ALSO LOVE THE MOONSENG IDEAS GUYS. LOL. LET US KNOW HOW TURNS OUT!!

Re:Ginseng liquor 9 years 5 months ago #32734

Digdug those are some awesome looking roots.
Latt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 345 guests and no members online

Login