2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Berries

Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30322

I am new to digging and i took my girlfriend and she found two three prongs and dig them before I got there and the berries want red yet they was still green and I was wondering if they will turn red after it is dug kind of like a tomato will turn if you pick it to soon thanks for any info
Kevin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30324

Nope, not likely.

Re:Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30328

So they won't grow, I planted them anyway

Re:Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30329

Some people say there is a chance if they were far enough along, but I don't know of any definitive research or trials saying yes they will or know they won't. It depends on if the seed was fully formed inside the pulp. Some plants could hold seed for another month. Since ginseng seeds are functionally underdeveloped at ripening anyway, their embryos continue to develop through the stratification period (18 months) after ripening on the plant. They probably have a lesser chance of germination, but all you could have done at that point was plant them and hope for the best.

Re:Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30340

We'll I hope they grow thank y'all very much

Re:Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30423

Just so u know if u dig a legal plant with green berries on it stick plant back in ground sans root and the stem will put all effort into living. come back in 7-10 days and ur berries will be red! almost always.

Re:Berries 9 years 6 months ago #30426

Well that's really the issue. Legal includes ripe berries in most states.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 434 guests and no members online

Login