2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any interest in Get-Together?

Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26511

I'm not sure how, or where, or even an exact date... however, would be nice to have a get-together sometime in 2014.

If enough of us were to get together, I'm thinking that a suite of hotel rooms would be necissary, a gathering place, and some sort of speakers, etc.

I don't think Hillhopper's getaway he's thinking of building will be big enough.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26515

Whit,
I like the idea. It would be fun for a bunch of us fellas and our gals to start off with a visit at Hardings Ginseng Farm in Friendsville MD. Then we could all spend the weekend just up the road a ways at Deep Creek Lake in MD. It is a great place to vacation. My gal and I went there last year. What a beautiful place and we could see one heck of a ginseng farm too. Would love to go in late August when all the berries are ripe.
Just a thought.

www.hardingsginsengfarm.com/

www.deepcreek.com/photo-and-video-galleries

Latt

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26539

I have a 4 acre mowed feild in central, Ky, large pool and lots of drop cords. sorry guys. im happily single so i dont always think of comfort. But you guys set it up and i will do my damnedest to get there. as long as it doesnt cut into my seng time...:P Hey. why i got an audience. whats the laws about out of state ginseng harvesting?

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26551

Latt-

I like your idea. would like to see a successful established 'sang farm, and do the meet up. If we had this during the summer, camping could be done at the place you mention. I seeing meetings under shelters, the group going out to a evening meal or breakfasts... could be a weekend event, arrivals on Fridays, out on Sunday...

Anyway, there's a logistical side to this that we can pick up later.

Anyone else thinking thoughts about this?

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26569

Another good idea would be to have the GTG around Mike Lee's operation... could do very similar things during the GTG.

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26574

I like all both of those ideas Whit, but frankly I doubt that I will be able to attend as I just changed jobs in Sept and probably wont be able to get off work...:(

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26581

I like the idea of a good old Ginseng Jamboree just like we had when I was in the Scouts which could be accomodated by blisteredfeetky's field. It could be complete with a bonfire for BS and story sessions at night, tents for sleeping, we could make and hand out training and information fliers to newbies on the in's and out's of Ginseng hunting, digging and growing. Maybe we could make a visit to Shaw Black Farm in Kentucky as well as pre-arrange (with a property owner with Ginseng on the property) a walk through, showing newbies Wild Ginseng growing in it's natural environment, what to look for (companion plants, shade canopy, orientation of the property in respect to sunlight, etc.) and with some help from our Shroom Experts, a little training on what and what not to harvest when it comes to mushrooms. We could even have some good old campfire cookouts and depending upon the time of year and what is available, harvest items from nature for some good old fashioned nature provided meals!

Frank

Re:Any interest in Get-Together? 10 years 5 months ago #26584

All these are good ideas. Maybe after the holidays, we can actually start planning things.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 286 guests and no members online

Login