2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hope that you don't run into one of these this year....

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22350

I must disagree about there not being any in the area. I was headed back to Cookeville,Tn about 5 yrs. ago from Ky. Just as I was was comming out of Celina, Tn...I had to stop in the middle of the road for this big cat. This was no wildcat..too big. The thing stopped and looked right at me as my headlights seemed to daze it for a moment. I will never forget it. I think about this everytime I am in Clay Co. or Jackson Co. Tn. hunting ginseng. I am always looking for signs, foot prints or anything, never finding any. I don't consider myself afraid of them, just very respectful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22386

Welcome to the forum!

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22418

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I sure do not want to see one

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22424

Between High School and College I worked at a place (as a care taker, yard mower, brush cutter, etc)... for the man that invented the tranquilizer gun.

We had to tranquilize the Male and Female lions to get the cubs out, before the male would kill them.

Little larger than a cougar.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22425

Between High School and College I worked at a place (as a care taker, yard mower, brush cutter, etc)... for the man that invented the tranquilizer gun.

We had to tranquilize the Male and Female lions to get the cubs out, before the male would kill them.

Little larger than a cougar.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22427

That is pretty cool TNhunter. How come you were peaking around that corner instead of setting a straddle of him? lol
Hillhopper

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22451

I guess that holding a lion by it's tail is it's own thrill. LOL. Good photo!

The prevailing attitude about hiking in lion country is that you don't want to the last one in the line of hikers...... LOL.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 457 guests and no members online

Login