2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hope that you don't run into one of these this year....

Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22323

Link below is of a cougar. one of my co-worker's family members sent it to my co-worker....

The vid is taken in Oregon, near the coast, on 29 March of this year.

This Cougar is similar in size to the one I saw when bow-hunting in 2011, in NC.

And here's another of the same animal...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22326

I have been looking for a cougar to show itself in WNC for 18 yrs. Thats awesome and scary all at the same time that you have seen one. I wish there was even video of one in our mtns.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22331

Where are you located?

There were a few sightings of one near Morganton last year, however no-one got a photo or trail cam of it. Thus, the NC wildlife commission will not recognize a \"true and factual\" sighting.

The official stance is that these cougars are extinct on the eastern seaboard of the US. However all you have to do is do a Internet search for cougar or mountain lion sightings in the USA, and you can find sightings from Florida to Connecticut. Not too many in the central eastern states, tho. There have been sightings of them in Iowa, Michigan, Canada.... The last search I did was in 2012' around August.

I do not go into the deep woods hiking or camping unless I am carrying my 1911' after that 2011 expereince.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22332

That is great footage. What brand of game cam was that taken on?

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22333

I have no idea. However after watching this for about the 11th time... I think this cat moved up the trail, turned around up there, and watched s back trail.

BTW, welcome to this forum!

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22334

WHITJR,
WHAT WAS THE 2011 EXPERIENCE YOU REFER TOO?

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22335

Latt -

You had posted a thread on Bigfoot about a year ago. Both Maya and I posted about big cat sightings on that post.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22337

Whitjr wrote:

Latt -

You had posted a thread on Bigfoot about a year ago. Both Maya and I posted about big cat sightings on that post.

Yup I saw two different Mt Lions here in Vt about 5-6 years ago. Several other people saw them that year and the following year, nothing since.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22340

There have been a whole bunch of sightings in the morganton to Nebo area. They say in Tazewell to Highlands county area of VA that they are pressuring the wild life officials to come out and recognize that they are there and they need to be classified.

Re:Hope that you don't run into one of these this year.... 10 years 11 months ago #22341

Saw one in Ohio 9-10 years ago. I almost live in the woods lol, and that was the only one I've ever seen. Did find a couple of tracks one other time, and thats been it. Haven't ever seen any sign of bigfeets though LOL...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and no members online

Login