2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: no dig in my area..

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18946

maya,i would say states,anybody in Indiana speak up ..I think they had it worse than we did here in Ill.don't think Missouri is looking to good either

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18947

here is the sad reality of the sang in my area..and its been this way for over 40 days now,,had to look real hard just to find one so I could show you folks a pic...absolutely no berry production this year on any plant that I've seen......................

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18948

Chief,
I sure feel for all of you fellows that have lost your crops. This is what I encountered when I first planted ginseng in my wooded lots back in 2007. I was not into it heavy enough to realize that the plants might need some help. but it seems to occur pretty frequently.
Good luck next year.
Hugh

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18951

Chief...

Sorry to see that happening to you there.

We had the same thing here last year by the first of September.

I got to go on just a few hunts last year and then it was dead and brown like your pic. Everything in the woods dried up too (other stuff the deer eat) so what seng was left, the deer were really hitting it hard.

The way our June went this year I thought it was going to repeat, but then July came and we had good rains here. It is starting to get a little dry again, but it is not all that hot now so I hope ours will hang on until season operner (Sept 1 this year).

I am going to miss seeing all of those pics you usually post of some bueatiful seng harvest !

Not much to say to help you out - but I do hope you have a much better year next year.

TNhunter

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18953

Wow that is aweful Chief! Iwonder if the tops just die out as a survival mechanism or will the root die off too? Hope for your sake it's the plant only.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18954

maya i thought about digging down and looking at the root but thought the plants were stressed enough

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18955

The weather sure has made things aggravating. My seng plantings have been down for a month and a half now and it's about drove me nuts knowing they lost half a growing season.. The older plants held on longer so I had hoped the wild plants would have held on but no such luck. This time of year I usually spend alot of time in my plantings but currently there isn't a reason to other than pulling a weed here or there.

Hillhopper

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18957

I fil your pain Chieftain here in North Central Indiana in my woods of 4 acres and another wood of about 50 acres there is nothing absolutly nothing, nt even enough to take pictures of dead stems. It wasnt long after everything sprouted strong did it start turning yellow, just didnt pray hard enough for the rain. I dont know about anybody else up here most people dont now what it is or think I'm talking about pills. There are a few more spots but it was just so depressing I'm not going to bother. Better luck next year.
Dan

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18958

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
This truly sadens me for all you guys :(

Billy.

Re:no dig in my area.. 11 years 8 months ago #18960

Billy our bad luck,may be your bounty,with alot less sang being available prices may go through the roof,,,still a great demand,,,and a shortage on supply may drive the price way up,,best of luck to you this year my friend ..

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 617 guests and no members online

Login