2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Biggest loser

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16772

That's awesome guys. Giving me some good motivation to join ya all in losing some weight. I had a good day today so lets hope tomorrow is a good day as well. Plenty of chicken, veg and fruit today with a good workout tonight. Can't wait for spring time to get out in the woods and scout around. Hopefully I stay on track and hit the woods at least 20 lbs lighter. I guess at some point I just have to do it and stop talking about it.
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16777

BFB wrote:

On a side note; last Monday the 6th, I did make a trip up to my 'seng beds, and man O' man am I ever glad I stacked some light brush over my leaf mulch. Some adjacent spots were wind blown clear down to the dirt. Phew!

Bill

Bill,

Always a good idea to lay down sticks or small branches to keep the mulch from blowing away. Especially on newly planted seed beds during the winter months.

I learned that the hard way.

Once spring comes, I remove the branches. By the third season the mulch seems to stay in place pretty well. But I still have some windy spots that I keep branches on the mulch all year round.

Congrats on losing some weight!

Keep it up everyone.

classicfur

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16791

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
classicfur,

Yep, I sure am glad I laid that brush down. The general area lays at around 3400' elevation, and over the years, I have seen all sorts of harsh weather up in those mountains. Fortunately, when I seeded my beds, I still had a few brush piles left from clearing the woodlot, and those trimmings that were left over came in handy. ... I had already shredded the most of them.

Our main topic in this thread is what got me to thinking about the exercise I got that day from walking thru the woodlot. I had driven up there and spent most of the afternoon walking and looking over the property, checking the beds, and planing for the coming season.

Bill

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16814

Going out this weekend to my 'sang patch near Boone. Going to inspect the October plantings, and spread some more lime.

Sat should be a great workday, and perhaps some resulting weight loss!

Re:Biggest loser 11 years 10 months ago #18092

Not sure how you fellas are doing, but I for one need to do some more walking in or out of the woods. Went to the beach the other day and a group of people tried to roll me back in the water. I went to the gym and when I got on the scales it said please step out of the car.

So no pasta, pizza or fried foods for me for a month. Going to see if I can lose 20 lbs in 30 days with a good diet and exercise.

Anyone claim bragging rights on losing a bunch of weight yet?

Looking forward to being at least 20 lbs lighter when treking through the woods mushroom and ginseng hunting this fall.

Made some deer jerky this weekend to snack on this week.

Good luck scouting new areas fellas.

Latt

Re:Biggest loser 11 years 10 months ago #18095

Latt- LOL about you being rolled back into the water....

I'm not going anywhere with the weight loss either. Not gaining any, just not losing any. I've been working out in my bowflex-like home gym in the mornings before work, so have much better muscle tone as I've been at it for a bit over a year. I tried focusing on my core muscles, thinking that this would actually give me a waist I'd appreciate when looking in the mirror... however NOT. I've just gotten big and strong there, under the medium bellyfat. This was not exactly my plan.....

The good thing is that I have much better controll over my bow now. Got that out a week ago from it's winter hibernation, and am proceeding in punching little holes in my target. It's much easier to pull and hold at full draw.

Maybe if I keep this up, I'll look like Wayne \"The Rock\" Johnson before it's all over [laughing]

Re:Biggest loser 11 years 9 months ago #18576

Well, I gained like 100 pounds while on vacation tow weeks ago. now to get serious again about loseing weight....

Getting back into the daily dicipline is always tough for me....I do so love to eat!

How's the rest of yous guys doin'?

Re:Biggest loser 11 years 9 months ago #18577

I am in a holding pattern for now. Getting ready to hunt summer and fall mushrooms starting this weekend. I will drop 10 lbs in the next 60 days from walking in the woods even if I do not change anything. Need to watch the carbs more thou. I don't know if you have ever tried it but beer, pizza and chicken wings are a great combo. I bet these could be fattening. lol
Latt

Re:Biggest loser 11 years 9 months ago #18580

My kind of diet... utilizing three of the four food groups....

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 533 guests and no members online

Login