2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers

Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 4 months ago #15913

Welcome new forum viewers/members. I know the Wildgrown.com forum gets thousands of new viewers daily. Many of you just read some post and move on without posting and that is OK. If you want to drop a post on this thread feel free. It would be interesting to hear how long you have been hunting, any good seng stories, ginseng pics, or any ginseng related info you would care to share. We are in a down time until next year and we are mostly talking about pricing at this point. It would be refreshing to hear some good ginseng stories or see some good ginseng pics if you have any to share. Any of you new fellas tried planting seeds yet?
Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16533

Hello All!

Just found this forum and decided to join as I am interested in growing ginseng, goldenseal and mushrooms in the very near future.

Hubby and I have been living in north central AR since 9/09. We bought 17 acres of hardwoods, made a small clearing (for the garden, orchard, chicken/guinea coops) and are living in a 22' camper until we can get a small cabin built.

We moved here from the middle TN area and have a few friends who hunt ginseng (family tradition) back there.

Skip has a full time job and I stay home working around the place. When we first moved to our land, we realized it would probably be ideal for growing ginseng/goldenseal/shrooms but didn't have internet access at the time.

We finally got internet back in October and I've been reading/researching as much as I can. I was so excited to accidently stumble across the forum today! B)

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Bit

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16534

SkipnBit6465--Welcome to the forum!

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16535

Bit sounds like you have a good amount of space. Look around a see what's growing natural and try to support it. You can soil build using fungus and have good fresh mushrooms. Cull some of those hardwoods build huckster style beds for planting mix with mushroom spawn. I'm a permaculture guy sounds like you have a good start just take it slow and add something new each year. Before you know it your land will be supporting you. Welcome to the forum!

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16536

Bit some good books on mushrooms, ginseng and goldenseal growing.

Mycelium Running By Paul Stamets
Ginseng, Goldenseal and other Woodland Medicinals By W. Scott Persons & Jeanine M. Davis

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16556

Thanks for the warm welcome, Whitjr and trahn007!

I'm so glad that I decided to join as there's tons of great information here. I'm almost suffering from info oveload! :lol:

Trahn,

I'm definately looking into hugelkultur beds as we have more downed wood than I'll ever get hauled in from the woods. I'm a Mod at a self sufficient forum and one of our members is into permaculture and I learned of this style from him. Thanks for the list of books, too!

I'll go ahead and get a personal thread started on my soon to be new adventure! ;)

Bit

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16568

Bit.... I'm looking forward to following your thread!!! Best of Luck with your journey!!!

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16582

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
Hello and Welcome Bit.

Once the growing/planting season kicks in, you will find some great information and advice on this forum.

I am a beginner grower, and these folks really helped me a lot this past Summer and Autumn.

Bill

Re:Hello & Welcome New Forum Viewers 12 years 2 months ago #16583

Hi Bill!

Thanks for the Welcome! B)

Bit

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Who's Online

We have 491 guests and no members online

Login