2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed

Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14348

This bobcat was caught right next to one of my ginseng beds last fall.

This is the story:

Last Dec I had a call early in the morning(5:45 am). I noticed it was from a kid down the road that has permission to trap on our land. It was Jeremy. Him and my boy used to trap together until my boy started going to the University. Any way this kid calls me while it's still dark out and says that he caught an awsome Bobcat on my property. He says he's afraid to dispatch it and damage the hide. Can you help me? I told him I would get my boots on and meet him at the top of the hill. There was 20\" of snow on the ground and it took me awhile going up the hill in the dark.

This kid has probably only seen three bobcats in his whole life. So I'm expecting to see a nice little bobcat. When I met him at the top of the hill he was shaking with excitement! So we made our way up to the trap and was amazed to find a beautiful large cat laying in the snow right next to one of my ginseng beds!

Anyway, he tells me he wants to have me mount it for him, but he does not know how he could ever afford it. To make a long story short, He help us cut our firewood this year among other things.

I'm glad I could work out a way to get his trophy cat mounted by his birthday next week.

Here's his Bobcat!

classicfur
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14350

Bobcat
Attachments:

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14351

closeup
Attachments:

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14352

bobcat face.
Attachments:

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14353

Awesome job on that cat classicfur! -it was also an awesome job you did to encourage the youngster. Way to be.

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14354

Agreed!!!! Great stuff all around! What a beautiful animal. Classicfur you know your stuff, holy cow. Please post some of your animals more often.
Latt

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14355

Fantastic mount there Classicfur.

Good story and no doubt that kid will never forget you for helping him out like that and will treasure that mount forevermore...

TFS..

TNhunter

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14365

Great mount!

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14368

BCastle, Latt, TNhunter and Maya

I feel that I was the one truely blessed, to be a part of Jeremy's excitement of seeing first hand and taking care of his beautiful bobcat.

I'm so used to seeing dead animals come into my shop. It was a thrill to see this bobcat while it was still alive.

It will be a good memory for both of us, forever!

Thanks for your comments!

classicfur

Re:Bobcat Trapped in my Ginseng Bed 12 years 6 months ago #14369

Classic, your up in Maine right? What town? I'd love to see your shop the next time up there. My son goes to U of New England.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Who's Online

We have 433 guests and no members online

Login