2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: storeing fresh ginseng

storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #14344

i have acouple wet pounds of nice roots that i would like to store and eat them. can i put them in the freezer wet and store for a year. also how much should i eat a day. heres picture of what i want to freeze.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14861

well i will give u a 160 pound wet for them if u wanna sell call me 513-377-5019

Re:storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14878

SLACK

never heard of freezing wet,think you need to dry it out first then freeze it, or put it in a cardboard box in a dry place.
I eat about 2 - 4 grams aday or in a tea, but the tea takes about an hour to make to my liking.

guy

Re:storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14900

When you are digging in the fall, the plant is heading into its dormant cycle, before commercial refrigeration was invented people would commonly store root crops in a root cellar that was either a small cave or hand dug, they would keep potatoes, turnips, radishes and yeah herbs. I have dug roots and placed them in a box of soil and kept them fresh in a basement, and i have also dug roots and went out into the edge of the forest and used a hoe and dug a row and placed them in it as well. oh i noticed you have a man shaped root in that pile.

Re:storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14903

tell u what ill give u 170 aa pound wet for the ginseng or call me and well make a price 513-377-5019

Re:storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14907

this seng here im eating, i was told to put it in petemoss in a cool place and kept it moist and the roots will stay fresh. my season is over now. i sold 8 dry pounds and these roots i will eat over the winter to see if it does anything.

Re:storeing fresh ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14910

ok slack thats ok but keep in touch with us at shwablackfarm.com and well make a deal im paying 400 pound right now maybe even higher and yes u are right bout what u said about the roots thnks terry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login