2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bear Protection

Re:Bear Protection 12 years 6 months ago #12978

I bet any poachers would hate to be on your land fellas.
lol.
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Bear Protection 12 years 6 months ago #12984

I pack a 9mm with me, but thats for the occasional patch of weed I come across, in case I have to shoot my way out:laugh:
No bears in the woods I hunt

Re:Bear Protection 12 years 6 months ago #13142

Every year around here someone gets mauled. A few springs back a magazine about Ontario published a mauling that happened in one of the writers town just west of us. The guy remembered every bit... feeling his flesh getting pulled off his legs and ankles right down to the bone. He fought with the same limbs trying to stop the bear from climbing higher.
I think he was a mushroom picker, he heard nothing till the attack, climbing a tree saved his life. The article showed the tree and the ground around, covered in his blood. By the grace of god he will live, but with years of reconsrtuctive surgery to rebuild his feet and ankles.

Thats why I sling a 12 guage semi auto slug gun with rifled barrel over my back, so I can use it to help beat the bear off my half eaten corpse.

I also have a Plott hound Max,that has my back.

guy

Re:Bear Protection 12 years 6 months ago #13239

Guy, seeing those tracks reminds me of an area back in the woods we hunted around in the eighties. Saw a track that looked so big in the field I went back to the truck for a ruler. 7x9 inches, freshly worked land, that is a big bear.

Re:Bear Protection 12 years 6 months ago #13272

Not to be sounding mean but I've always have heard NOT TO RUN away from bears.. But my first instict and by human nature instict would be RUN!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 153 guests and no members online

Login