2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: replant wild ginseng

replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #12804

hi, i found 3 prong ginseng plant today, i am not sure if it big enough to dig. can i replant if after i dug it up and it is too small.

thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #12806

Yes you can replant the root if you choose to into a different woods. Berries are nice size and the root might surprise you.
Latt

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #12808

thank you.

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #12836

Just dig down and look at neck and top of root and decide without totally removing. I'm sure at least 10% of the plants I start to dig get covered back up.

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #12841

thanks, that is a good idea. Don't want dig it up, if it is to small.

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #12990

Most of the time the stalk size is a good indicator, unless damage to the bud had occured in the past.

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #13044

Stalk size is a good indicator of root size and you can also dig down to top of root but do so carefully.. I have found some of my bigger seng with the prongs configured in that way..

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #13237

thanks for all response.

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #13273

Hello boonseng, hope this reply will better help ya... Here is a pic of a three prong I harvested from some public land yesterday and it is very similiar to yours.. It sorta suprised me! Most of the ginseng tops I've been finding lately have not been doin as well as this one.. It had a decent size root relaxing below it. Sorry I didnt grab a pic of it.. I was so impressed with the berries still on it I had to grab a shot.. Hope this helped.
Attachments:

Re:replant wild ginseng 12 years 6 months ago #13540

thanks for sharing, i decided to leave it there for 1 more year since it is on my own land, i am thinking use the plant for identify other ginseng in the area.

I planted about 10000 ginseng seeds 4 years ago but on different location, i can not tell if any of those seeds germinated or not in the area where i planted.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 672 guests and no members online

Login