2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: UK grower needs advice

UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11290

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to Ginseng and I intend to plant up as much as possible with a view to using it as a retirement plan, if it all goes well.

I'm struggling to find any forums in the UK like this one, and also any companies that might be able to supply me over here. So I thought I'd ask you guys and see if you were aware of anything in the UK, or if there are any UK members that could advise me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11292

Welcome to the forum!

No sellers of seeds that I know of in your country. However you may find some I didn't find when I did an international search for seed sellers using \"alibaba.com\"... mostly I found sellers in China with some scattered about in Africa.

I do not know what the regs are about exporting overseas from the USA. However I believe that this is dictated by the USDA, and perhaps some individual states laws.

YOu might contact the owners of this website, as well as Hsu.com or Larry Harding as to international shipments.

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11295

Thanks for the advice, I can't understand why Ginseng doesn't seem to have the same following over here.

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11322

I have different views on this subject. I can't blame anyone for wanting to get into growing of seng but having said that i think it should stay here in the U S. No offense to you in the uk.

I just think we are shooting ourselves in the foot when we ship our seeds across sea. I know it probably want grow as well as it does here but i have read Scott persons book where they are growing it in Australia and I think Sweden or somewhere like that been awhile since i have read the book.

But what happens if and when the American Ginseng does well over their and its a lot cheaper for them to get it somewhere else and they no longer need ours I know thats probably me just being paranoid, but i just think we should keep our seeds and rootlets and just ship them the end product. No offense bub just my opinion.

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11324

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11390

No offence taken Hillbilly and thanks for your advice. I certainly understand your concerns and would probably do exactly the same in your position :)

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11412

Thanks for understanding bub, it was just my opinion. But having said that if you are going to get into growing ginseng my best advice is to get Scott persons book on ginseng. And stay on here as much as possible because they are a lot of people on here with a whole lot of knowledge.

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11416

It would be Interesting to me to Find out just how it Grows over in your Neck of the Woods Bofhuk.You may be able to Help some of Us out on certain things one of these days.

Re:UK grower needs advice 12 years 8 months ago #11420

Well that's the beauty of forums, if they had the internet when we were kids we'd have done a damn sight better education wise.

There's always a forum somewhere packed full of knowledge, this has to be the place for Ginsneg :)

From what I've seen so far there is a Farmer in the UK growing in a group with people from the Netherlands, I believe they market their product under the name Euro Ginseng. This is grown in a field under covers from what I've read.

This is not something I will be doing, I will be looking to plant up in established woodlands. From the little I know of Seng naturally grown woodland produce is the most desired.

I will also be looking into the Hydro developments made recently, whilst the Koreans have patented a particular system design, Hydroponics can't be patented in itself. Again the benefits of Hydroponics are clear when time to market is an issue, but there has to be a down side. Growing Seng in Hydro can't give the roots the desired structure that you get from naturally grown woodland seng.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 618 guests and no members online

Login