2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: drought

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10958

We've had decent rain here in eastern Ohio. It's been very hot and humid lately, but we have gotten some timely thunderstorms. The past couple of years have been very dry from the end of July clean through til mid or late September. So far Its looking a lot better this year. I say this because of record rainfall amounts we had in April and May.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10967

Here in Ny we have had a mix. Had 5 inches of rain in June. Not quite as much here in July. Blackberry crop not looking as good as last year. My tomatoes are taking a hit also. This time last year I was canning juice already. Gonna call my uncle tonight and find out the status down home. I was there fourth of July week and it was kinda dry there. Keeping my fingers crossed for rain and cooler temperatures.

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10978

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I sure hope that any droughts clear and plenty of rain comes your alls way,,I know how discouraging it is not to be able to hunt ginseng when it is season,,its horrible,,g/l all...

Billy.

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #11003

So far here in KY, it's been tolerable. Roasting hot, but enough rain and my plants are doing okay - spotted my first red berry yesterday.

A lot better than last year - it quit raining in early July, and most of my plants had shriveled up by the first of August. Some came back this year.

Crossing fingers and praying... no athiests in farming...

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #11013

The weather has really been cooperating here in eastern OH. Like many other parts of the country, it has been extremely hot, but we've been getting rain to go with it. Just had a couple of T-storms roll through. Had to have gotten at least 2\" of rain in the last hour and a half. I think all we need now is one more good rain in the middle of august and the seng should stand till October. I've never seen much standing around here anyways after about Oct. 7th-10th. From what I've seen over the years, the Heat doesn't hurt it much as long as the root can get a little water. B) Hope you guys in other parts of the country get some decent rainfall as well:)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 227 guests and no members online

Login