2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: drought

drought 12 years 9 months ago #10906

alright we need a weather check Whats the weather like in everyones area? They are saying the south and southeast part of the country is in a drought how bout every one else? In the lower part Il.we have perfect condition just alittle on the hot side plent of rain so far .
I was just wondering about everywhere else?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10908

Plenty of rain so far in Vt. It's been dry the past week or so then we just got a nice soaker this morning.

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10911

Here in Middle TN we had a hot/dry spell end of May into early June (about 3 weeks) and had temps up in the 95 degree range. The grass in my yard started turning brown and got crunchy.

I watered my seed producing bed 1 time, then about a week later it came a good rain and then we had several good rains thru mid, late June and into early July.

No rain for the past week and half now and got those high temps again, my yard grass is showing signs of stress again and below is my 7 day forecast - steady in the mid 90's for highs, with a very small chance of rain (probably just showing that 10-20% for possibility of pop up evening thundershowers).

I watered my tomatoes and melons last Thursday and again this morning.

I think I will go and water my seed producing bed now - give em about a 30 minute soaking via soaker hose / drip irrigation system. Some are still putting on green berries now and I don't want them to be stressed out while that is happening.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10913

So far so good in east Tennessee.Dry one week wet the next.it's felt like fall of the year for the past 4 days.

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10933

Here in the lower half of illinois we havehad a good amount of rain but it is really starting to get hot temps in the upper 90's
I was just wondering about the carolina's and northern GA.
It might shorten the harvest alittle and bring the prices up..

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10939

I'm pretty close to TNhunter and its been a wet year in my area. That 10% chance shown on TNhunters' post give us an 1 1/2\" rain yesterday and it has been that way all year. It's been a good year on seedlings in my area.

Hillhopper

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10941

It's been a beautiful summer in Maine!

For the most part we have been in the mid to upper 70's. The last week and a half have been in the upper 70's to mid 80's. Night time temps are in the upper 50's to mid 60's.

We've had some rain every week or so. All my plants are looking great! No disease or other problems such as deer and turkies.

I have about 13,000 five year olds that are producing some real nice berries. I figure on harvesting seeds from all of these and stratifying them and eliminate buying seeds in 2012.:woohoo:

I've never seen a drought in Maine and never had to water my plants.

classicfur

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10943

Man that weather sure sounds nice classicfur. Here in TN, we pay for our lengthy growing season from now until the first of September. My work is pretty physical and also outside so in the past few weeks me and the guys that work for me have been averaging on drinkin about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day to cope with the heat. I long for those cooler temps but it will be October before I see those again.

B) Hillhopper

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10946

Tnhunter,
It looks like we'll get a little relief next Tuesday. I may break out the flannel :laugh:

Attachments:

Re:drought 12 years 9 months ago #10954

Hey Classic, where in Maine are you? My son goes to the U of New England in Biddeford.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 276 guests and no members online

Login