2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey anyone bought seeds from Johnny's?

Hey anyone bought seeds from Johnny's? 12 years 9 months ago #10883

I see that the stick seeders are back in stock and saw that they offer herb seeds too.I was wondering if anyone has tried their seeds and knows the lowdown of where they originated.Also the success of germination.I bought most of my seeds from wildgrown last year with great luck.Ordered roots from somewhere else and also had great luck with those.I'll never buy from the supplier from year before last.those seeds weren't stratified because 10% or so came up this year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hey anyone bought seeds from Johnny's? 12 years 9 months ago #10893

Jughead,

I have bought various seeds, tools and garden supplies from Johnny's over the years and have been happy with the quality of product and service.

Never bought ginseng seed or rootlets from them though and not sure about their source, but expect it is from a shade grown cultivated source somewhere.

And at 154.50/lb - that is a fairly steep price to pay.

If you knew that the source was wild-simulated good disease free seed, that price might not be so bad, but I doubt seriously that is the case.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:Hey anyone bought seeds from Johnny's? 12 years 9 months ago #10902

OK hunter.I wasn't sure.I'll just stick with wild growns seeds since I've had good luck with those.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login