2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Low seed germination

Low seed germination 12 years 9 months ago #10729

I planted seed this spring in febuary it had i very low germination like 10%. I think i done everything right. i was going to plant more seed this fall. Will this help by planting in the fall or should i change location.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Low seed germination 12 years 9 months ago #10731

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Planting in the fall will help.The natural reproduction of ginseng takes place in the fall and as a rule of thumb it is the best time to plant.If the area you planted in is a good area then dont change location untill you have planted in the fall Good/Luck

Billy.

Re:Low seed germination 12 years 9 months ago #10733

Thanks,i appreciate people taking time to help others. You also seem to be a very good grower i have seen the pics on yor website.

Re:Low seed germination 12 years 9 months ago #10741

Wildgrower,

Several of us had poor results with seed we planted - like from January thru March this past year.

I had excellent germination with some that I planted last fall and even into November & December, but very poor germination with what I planted in January, early Feb.

They say that often when you plant stratified seed in the spring it may skip a year and come up the following spring.

You might try scratching around in your planting sites and see if you can find some seed and check them out. If you can find a few, crack them open (split them with a knife) and check to see if still green/white and solid and also if you see the embryo developed inside.

If so - yours may just have gone dormant and may very well come up next spring.

Several of us on here had those results this year with what we planted in spring.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 207 guests and no members online

Login