2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Advice needed

Advice needed 12 years 11 months ago #10024

If anyone has any experience on this topic I could sure use some advice.

I have a few sites picked out where I would like to plant a bunch of sang only problem is I don't own them. The landowners have allowed me to hunt on their property and while doing so I have deemed there land prime growing sites. Northeast facing, moderate slope and wild ginseng present. I don't know any of these landowners well, all just nice folk who let me hunt their land.

So how do I make the jump from some young man just wanting to chase some turkey around to wanting to grow a potentially valuable crop on their land. How should I approach this topic with them and what should I offer to lease/use an acre or so of their land?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Advice needed 12 years 11 months ago #10025

Sengfever

This topic has come up a few times.

Here is one thread titled: Recommended means to obtain permission to farm ginseng on neighboring land

Click on the address

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...oring-land.html#8593

Before offering to lease land, I would offer to be a good steward of their land or offer to do some labor on their land. You dont want to be leasing land where the seng could just fail.

There is definatly alot to consider. hopefully the above helps and you could do a search of your own on this forum.

Good luck!

classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 323 guests and no members online

Login