2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng Plant Tops Valuable?

Ginseng Plant Tops Valuable? 13 years 4 months ago #7923

I know I have seen ginseng and goldenseal buyers buy Goldenseal Plant tops as well as the roots. Anyone ever sell ginseng plant tops too? I took some of the green leaves and let them dry out in September on the kitchen table. They dry green and do not turn yellow or brown which surprised me. Then I crunched them up and put it in a ziplock bag. I made some tea for me and the little lady last night snd it tasted pretty good. Needed a little honey thou. I know the plant tops have some of the same active ingredients as the roots do. Just curious if the plant tops are valuable in any way other than for tea?
Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Plant Tops Valuable? 13 years 4 months ago #7924

I did the same thing this year Latt. I agree the tea isn't too bad at all

Re:Ginseng Plant Tops Valuable? 13 years 4 months ago #7930

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Don't know about the ginseng leaves/stems...these were not available at medicine halls.

But I think most of you know that all the little fibers and prongs can still be pretty valuable... shopping.sina.com/sinamall/grd_productpa...mp;pf_id=hsugn000012

Re:Ginseng Plant Tops Valuable? 13 years 4 months ago #7986

about all of the dealers around here buy tops as well as roots. but theres not really any money to be made there. for every pound of root you get 3 dollars for the tops

Re:Ginseng Plant Tops Valuable? 13 years 4 months ago #7989

Sixprong,
Thanks for the info. Not worth the hassle at that rate is it.
Latt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 481 guests and no members online

Login