2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: how many days do u sane a season

how many days do u sane a season 13 years 7 months ago #4828

man i wish i could sane as much as you,i only get to go on the weekends,work stinks this time of year,still finding alot with red berries?i found some good last year but its hard to find a place over in claibourn county tn.wish i still lived in harlan,ill be in the woods this weekend but i wish i was now,man has to feed his family and pay bills.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:how many days do u sane a season 13 years 7 months ago #4835

As much as you would like to be out there you are taking care of your family, and thats a darn good feeling! Do the right thing and you will be rewarded!

I'm lucky that I'm out of work by 3:00 in the afternoon and have a few close apots to get to for an hour or two. I've got to get some bush hoggin in my apple orchard this afternoon though...no sengin today.

Re:how many days do u sane a season 13 years 7 months ago #4865

Tnky...

I should get to go on around 14 seng hunting trips this year.

Between Aug 15 (opener here in TN) until tops die off I hope to go on each Saturday (except one - got a family thing to do that Saturday).

I also took 5 vacation days off from work (I have been working for this Company for near 25 years and get 2 days month paid vacation time which I can accrue and use when wanted) and we also get our Birthday off (mine is Sept 3 - luckily in seng hunting season) and then there is Labor Day which we get off Monday Sept 6 for that).

Anyway counting all the Saturdays I can possibly go and these other 7 days that I will have off from work I should be able to get in 14-15 days to hunt.

I have been twice already and had so-so luck on both of these first trips but not outstanding (found no 4 prongers yet). I just have to collect a few good 4's to feel that a hunt was an absolute success.

I am going this Saturday, and have the following Monday off from work so will get in two good hunts here soon - hoping to come back happy with some nice 4's to show off.

Best of Luck to you this year !

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 380 guests and no members online

Login