2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A few I found today

A few I found today 13 years 8 months ago #4751

Hi all, I am in southwest va near the ky line. I managed to hit the woods today for a cpl hours, took the camera so I could share a pic or two....

The last pic is a nice double 4 prong, I've been watching it for the last few years... ever since it was a single 3 prong.

Randy

I havnt figured out the picture uploads yet, please bear with me....
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4773

I love seein those red berries!

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4774

Really nice plants!

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4791

Thanks for the comments, I hope to hit the woods again soon and plan to take the camera.

Take what you need, but leave some for seed!

Randy

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4801

pretty sane,getting harder to find,hope you keep finding it.

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4809

nice find. i hunted the kentucky virginia line today.

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4886

I got in a couple more hours hunting today, found some nice plants in the same hollow as last weekend... even found a nice 4 prong within a dozen feet of where I dug last sunday!

It seems to me that there is a strip across the hollow, all at about the same elevation, that is producing nice plants... above and below that I just seem to run out of anything. Same companion plants above and below but the seng seems to peter out.

Thanks for looking., hope you enjoy!

BTW, if anyone knows how to load pics directly from my photobucket account I'd be happy to quit using the links and have the pics show in the post.

Randy
Attachments:

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4904

great pics. there rskid lots of pretty seng

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4907

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I like the dark color of those plants in the first pictures very nice looking plants t/f/sharing.

Re:A few I found today 13 years 7 months ago #4914

Hey! thanks for fixing my pics, now if I just knew how to do it I'd feel a little less like an idiot LOL.

The little hollow I've been hunting in is directly down from an abandoned strip mine from the early 70's. It's not far from my house and to access it you have to pass my yard, so I'm pretty sure no one has hunted seng in there for at least 25 years. A cpl years ago the coal company sent notice that they were going to restrip the area and \"reclaim\" it.... then the economy bottomed out and coal prices dropped so the project fell through. In the meantime a friend of mine suggested we check it out for seng before they bulldozed it under. We've dug quite a bit and relocated a lot of 3 leafers as well as replanted the seed on a few acres I own nearby. The long term idea is to eventually reintroduce the genseng back into the reclaimed area .... or let it reintroduce itself as my property is up the mountain from the mine site.
Anyway thanks for looking at my pictures and listening to my ramblings, I really enjoy hunting with you guys even if it is online!

Randy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 118 guests and no members online

Login