2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video

Video 13 years 7 months ago #4687

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I thought some of you might be interested in watching a video I made talking about the

Harvest and Replanting of Wild Ginseng

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Videos.html

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4690

Excellent Billie, thats how to show some great stewardship! Man I wish I had more spots like that. Most I've got to dig out a ton of rocks too.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4691

Very nice Billy!!! Good video showing great stewardship. It's nice to know what your voice sounds like after chatting with you on here for so long. AWESOME ROOTS on your other posting as well!!! I think and hope that others can get and use some good stewardship practices from reading our posts on this forum. There are a lot of people who already practice good stewardship, but also a lot out there who don't. I think that you and others who post on here are really making a difference. It's kind of like catch and release fishing. 50 years ago you didn't hear of it, but now it is common place. Same as deer management practices. I hope that 30 years from now the same can be said for ginseng. I know that I personally dig bigger plants than I did 20 years ago. By that I mean that I used to dig just about any three prong plant that I ran across, but now days I only target the ones that I think are older than 15 years. Sometimes I still get fooled and end up with some that are only eight or nine years old, but usually an experienced sang digger can discern the difference between younger and older plants. A rule of thumb that I tought my daughter was that she is not to dig any 3-prongs that do not have at least five leaflets on each prong. (provided they haven't been eaten of by deer). Younger plants will often only have 3 leaflets on one or more of the prongs. Now this isn't the only factor in determining age, but is a good starting point. I'm probably not telling you anything that you don't already know, but haven't seen a lot on here about discerning age before you dig the plant and thought that maybe somebody could benefit.
Anyways, congrats to getting off to a great start this seng season!!!!

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4692

cool video,its good to see someone else take as much care as i do,nice 4 prong to.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4714

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
maya wrote:

Excellent Billie, thats how to show some great stewardship! Man I wish I had more spots like that. Most I've got to dig out a ton of rocks too.

Thanks Maya.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4715

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
5prong wrote:

Very nice Billy!!! Good video showing great stewardship. It's nice to know what your voice sounds like after chatting with you on here for so long. AWESOME ROOTS on your other posting as well!!! I think and hope that others can get and use some good stewardship practices from reading our posts on this forum. There are a lot of people who already practice good stewardship, but also a lot out there who don't. I think that you and others who post on here are really making a difference. It's kind of like catch and release fishing. 50 years ago you didn't hear of it, but now it is common place. Same as deer management practices. I hope that 30 years from now the same can be said for ginseng. I know that I personally dig bigger plants than I did 20 years ago. By that I mean that I used to dig just about any three prong plant that I ran across, but now days I only target the ones that I think are older than 15 years. Sometimes I still get fooled and end up with some that are only eight or nine years old, but usually an experienced sang digger can discern the difference between younger and older plants. A rule of thumb that I tought my daughter was that she is not to dig any 3-prongs that do not have at least five leaflets on each prong. (provided they haven't been eaten of by deer). Younger plants will often only have 3 leaflets on one or more of the prongs. Now this isn't the only factor in determining age, but is a good starting point. I'm probably not telling you anything that you don't already know, but haven't seen a lot on here about discerning age before you dig the plant and thought that maybe somebody could benefit.
Anyways, congrats to getting off to a great start this seng season!!!!

Thanks 5,

You know I to believe that we are making a little difference and like you said it takes time to break and change bad habits,but they would never be broken if some one didnt try and start the transformation from a bad habit to a good one,from poor thought to good stewardship.I app: you & all they guys here that are trying to make a difference.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4716

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
tnkysenger wrote:

cool video,its good to see someone else take as much care as i do,nice 4 prong to.

Thanks tnkysenger,

Im glad that you take care for the seng as well.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4717

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I am going to upload a couple more videos for everyone to see.

Last year Mike Lee mentioned doing this and I said that I would,but didnt get started with it untill now.So im going to upload both of them 2 videos now and after this season I will have another one that will be 2010 Season if that be the good Lord`s will.

The videos are titled Ginseng Season 2008 and Ginseng Season 2009.

They show us out senging some parts in video and some parts in pictures mixed & edited with my imagenation,So watch at your own risk LoL,but I think you all will enjoy them.

Billy.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4746

great video Billy looks like you got some great soil there to that was also an interesting documentary too.

Re:Video 13 years 7 months ago #4757

Billy. Really great video.
god bless you!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and no members online

Login