2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scouting Bonus!!!!

Scouting Bonus!!!! 13 years 9 months ago #4211

I got permission to dig on a new property this fall and just went after work this evening on a little scouting trip. I did find some ginseng and a little yellowroot, but the unexpected bonus was a couple of patches of chantrelle mushrooms. I didn't carry my camera to the woods to get a snapshot of that nice 4-prong I found, but I did take a pic of the chantrelles once I got home. All of you guys posting on here are really causing the SeNg FaCtOr to kick in and I've still got over 6 weeks to go.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Scouting Bonus!!!! 13 years 9 months ago #4223

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Yum Yum 5 thats good eating.

I hear ya

!! ThE sEnG fAcToR !! IS KILLING ME..........

Re:Scouting Bonus!!!! 13 years 9 months ago #4241

Yes Billy, those were really good! Yesterday evening I went back out to a big hollow where I've dug seng before that is just loaded with yellowroot in search of more chantrelles. Man, it was just loaded with those pretty yellow mushrooms too! I know if I saw one I saw at least a thousand of them. I've never really ever looked for chantrelles before. I have stumbled accross a few small patches, but nothing like this. Problem was 95% of them were just too far gone to eat. Something I'll store in my memory bank though. Do you find any of these in your part of KY?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 148 guests and no members online

Login