2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Before Seng digging season starts....

Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 9 months ago #4181

Thought I would get in one more creek fishing trip this morning.

Love to eat those fresh water creek black pearch and bass (YUM) going to fix em up for lunch here in a bit.

PS - no doubt I would have caught a few more if I had not had my eyes on the creek bank most of the time hoping to spot a bunch of ginseng :-)

Our season starts Aug 15 here in Tennessee.

Can't wait !

TNhunter
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 9 months ago #4182

I cleaned those fish - got a couple nice filet's off that nice large mouth bass and had that for lunch just now.

I coated those filet's with a bit of dale's sauce, A1 sauce and butter and grilled em up. About 12 minutes with one turnover in the middle. Fixed a couple of small baked potatoes and some fresh sweet corn out of the garden.

Man that was good !

Attachments:

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 9 months ago #4184

That there is just about as good as it gets. Congrats on a great day!

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 9 months ago #4190

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Dear Lord Tnhunter I had thought about asking where you where in Tn seeing I live just over the hill in Bell Co Ky and maybe going on a seng trip or two together,but now im convinced that I need to eat a good dinner with you lol :o) thats my kind of cooking rite thee.

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 9 months ago #4197

5prong,

You got that right - a good morning of creek fishing - followed by a great meal. I use a ultra light rod with spinning reel and 6 lp test line when fishing in the creek. When you get one of those creek bass on the line man you got a fight with that light tackle. When that bass hit my plug (top water) he jumped out of the water about 2 foot. About as exciting a finding a nice patch of 4 prongs :-)

Billy - wish I could have shared some of that catch with you - we need to build our strength up for all of that hillside and hollow walking we will be doing shortly.

I am going to try and keep my exact location quiet since I plan to be growing some wild simulated seng.

I do admire you and the pic's you posted showing you with your son out seng hunting. I have a son 8 years old and I take him down to a small patch I have growing close to house to let him pick out the seng plants. I think I will start taking him seng hunting a bit this fall on a close/short trip or two and see if I can get him hooked on it too.

Best of luck to all of us Dad's at passing on this tradition to our sons !

Have a Great Day All.

TNhunter

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 9 months ago #4198

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I would say that your son will love it I know Caleb is already itching lol he told me 2 days ago man dad im looking forward to seeing a big old 4 prong :)

I understand and appreciate your private spot.I also have some of those that I wouldnt want to share,but I was refering to the mountian hunts.There are a few times I have realy hit good out on the unknown territory of these mountians.I have more fun then...

You know all the photos that I share hear,everyone of them is of wild seng,I have never posted a pic of anything in an area where I have patches growing :)

We are about to go for a wade this weekend and I hope we get a nice mess of bluegill,bass,and crappie,em emmmmmmm.

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 7 months ago #4963

• halfpint
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
this is my first post and these pic's made me register here !
i love to seng hunt and fish ..
you call them black perch i think we call them rock bass here in ohio ? them are huge ..
thanks for a great pic !

HP

Re:Before Seng digging season starts.... 13 years 7 months ago #4964

Halfpint,

Glad you enjoyed that pic. It has been a few weeks now since I have been creek fishing. I actually went one more time after that trip and caught a couple nice smallmouth bass and grilled up those filet's. That sure is a lot of fun and some good eating too.

Now that our seng hunting season is open, those creek fish don't have so much to worry about (not from me anyway).

I may try it another time or two after tops die back late this fall.

Thanks

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 382 guests and no members online

Login