2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC High Country Seng 2015

Re:NC High Country Seng 2015 8 years 5 months ago #37754

Roots from my last dig of the year.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC High Country Seng 2015 8 years 5 months ago #37755

Not all of my roots have dried out yet so I've not weighed it yet, but I'm not expecting to even have over 2 lbs, normally I have between 4 and 5 lbs, but I'm not complaining it's better than nothing.

Re:NC High Country Seng 2015 8 years 5 months ago #37758

Those are sure nice looking roots! good haul!

Re:NC High Country Seng 2015 8 years 5 months ago #37776

NChc...

Those are some fine looking roots and tops.

Love the yellow ones.

I know what you mean about family and work.. same here.

Hope you are offered better prices over there than we are getting here... Right now they are talking 400 - 450 lb here in TN.
Nothing exciting about that.

I am going to hang on to mine a while and see if it will go a little higher.

TNhunter

Re:NC High Country Seng 2015 8 years 5 months ago #37784

It sounds quite a bit better here, but definitely not as good as some previous years. I've not been calling personally and checking on prices, but my cousin called a local place last week and they told him 625 then they called him back later in the day and said if he would bring it that day they would pay 700, so I thought that sounded encouraging for later on. I'll probably hold mine till the week of Thanksgiving like I normally do unless the bottom just starts falling out of it. I still just can't understand the disparity in North Carolina and Tennessee prices, I know the roots have some different characteristics, but I just don't see enough differences that you would see that big of a price difference. I live about 20 miles from Tennessee and I know the counties that border here in NC have woods and mountains that look almost identical to here, I know middle Tennessee would be a little different from the east Tennessee mountains, but I've always thought the seng you posted on here was just as pretty as anybodys. But I'm no expert and don't really know what all they are looking for in a root, but I know if I lived in Tennessee and had roots that looked similar to NC roots I would be pretty upset.

Re:NC High Country Seng 2015 8 years 4 months ago #37915

Sold my seng today, had just a hair over 2 lbs and got $760 a lb for it. Better than I thought it would get up to early on, just wish I would have had as much seng as I normally do.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 238 guests and no members online

Login