2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ready to go digging

Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36206

Everyone is posting some great information and pics. I cant wait for the 2015 season. I plan to go out everyday possible, weather permitting.
Good luck everyone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36236

iam ready too.took a look around yesterday and the skeeters and the ticks were unbearable....

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36256

dealing with the ticks myself on scouting runs, cant wait til sept when these lil jerks die for the winter.

i plan on full hermit this fall. 2 solid months on location here in vermont. spots located and numerous other ravines to search while on my trek. Being expensive getting ready for day 1. However, the first week I should double what i spent this year. Last year I only went out a few times here and there and still got over 5 pounds. I want 20-30 this year

edit: spoke to the buyer in Vermont, opening at 1000lb green. same price they closed at last year. hypothetically it means by late oct we could see plus 1000 a pound figures.

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36257

VTWildmedicine wrote:

dealing with the ticks myself on scouting runs, cant wait til sept when these lil jerks die for the winter.

i plan on full hermit this fall. 2 solid months on location here in vermont. spots located and numerous other ravines to search while on my trek. Being expensive getting ready for day 1. However, the first week I should double what i spent this year. Last year I only went out a few times here and there and still got over 5 pounds. I want 20-30 this year

edit: spoke to the buyer in Vermont, opening at 1000lb green. same price they closed at last year. hypothetically it means by late oct we could see plus 1000 a pound figures.

Opening at $1000 GREEN???

Also it's going to be a lot harder here in Vt. w/ a minimum age of 10 yo for a legal root. Good luck though.

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36258

\"Also it's going to be a lot harder here in Vt. w/ a minimum age of 10 yo for a legal root. Good luck though. \"

Just curious how this works? You have to dig the root and count the scars and replant if under 10?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

John B

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36259

You don't have to dig the root, just dig down and look at the neck. It's the first thing I've always done.

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36262

yes 1000 a lb in barre. the ten year plant yes obviously more difficult. I have several spots i have been monitoring for the past few years they were roughly ten years at that time, but I only dig select so the smaller ones are no issue

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36263

I always use repellent with at least 40% DEET. wear long sleeves and spray it on my clothes, not on bare skin. have not had a problem with ticks yet....knock on wood

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 8 months ago #36264

VTWildmedicine wrote:

yes 1000 a lb in barre. the ten year plant yes obviously more difficult. I have several spots i have been monitoring for the past few years they were roughly ten years at that time, but I only dig select so the smaller ones are no issue

Again, just trying to be clear.....$1000/ lb for \"GREEN\" root, or is that for dried root? $1000 for green is off the charts. If so, who is paying that?

Re:Ready to go digging 8 years 7 months ago #36275

what maya said.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Who's Online

We have 74 guests and no members online

Login