2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3 Prong

3 Prong 8 years 10 months ago #35957

Nice 3 Prong I found when I was wondering in the woods but there was only 4 plants down hill from this just wondering why so few.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:3 Prong 8 years 10 months ago #35958

Another one :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIQBxNOVAAEEU9b.jpg:large

Re:3 Prong 8 years 10 months ago #35968

I have seen big old 4 prongs that were loaded with red berries... that had no offspring (near by) at all.

Not sure why that happens at times... but it does.

TNhunter

Re:3 Prong 8 years 9 months ago #35977

The more I see areas like this, the more I think they are close by deer travel routes, also turkey to some degree. I once broke up a fall flock, I got up to where they were and there were berries on the ground. They were clearly feeding on them. Two years ago I found two dandies w/ big berry pods, when season came around the were gone. I thought someone got to them, but I found them, the tops had been nipped off by deer. Sure enough there was a run coming down off the ridge above where they bed down.

Re:3 Prong 8 years 9 months ago #35985

I do have deer but never seen berries really missing from the plants. Here one of the bucks I have coming in which there is about 5 in total.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 361 guests and no members online

Login