2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NC Permits

NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35173

After researching the NC permits process I understand that the 2 forests that issue them in the drawing only issue small amounts in 6 different locations. This doesn't discourage me from trying though. Has anyone on this site have any experience with these forests and has anyone actually gotten a permit who will share their thoughts and successes/failures of this process. Thanks in advance for the help.....MG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35175

I have gotten drawn a few times Tennessee allows I think 40 people now total just across the ridge from you

Re:NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35207

hey sysbee dole out a lil info on those tn permits u tlkn about plz

Re:NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35210

Re:NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35231

Here in east Tennessee we go thru the same thing with the Cherokee National Forest. A small fee and I think they limit you to one pound per permit. I think it is a shame that all that land just sits there and people scream how the gensing in becoming endangered and all the Federals have to do is set aside some of the land(just a little) and designate that for small trusted groups to plant and monitor the gensing and allow that group to harvest in stages and plant new berries when they arrive in the summer and have the park service to monitor the crops and wow, we now have a dedicated area to reestablish dwindling crops and make money off the Koreans and Chinese with an American product they can't live without and we make money off them and have land(protected land) that assures the future of gensing and smalltown ridgerunners like me to make a little money to help our families out with a little extra cash. I know that if they let some people use the land then everyone will scream that they want land to use also but it can't be done that way. Small groups like the boyscouts, and small clubs of gensing growers that can establish a working relationship with the park service can build a relationship with the Feds and growers and everyone is happy. Hey, its worth a shot to try and noone has anything to loose and everything to gain in securing a future for American gensing and trade overseas.

Re:NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35233

They only let you get like 20 roots now

Re:NC Permits 8 years 11 months ago #35236

Good luck on trying to get any help from the U.S. Forest Service. I tried that route and I've never been able to get anyone in authority to even talk with me about ginseng. The best you can do is just plant it on your own. Luckily, the Game Warden will just turn his head. We need someone with some pedigree to approach these administrators of the Forest Service and put the pressure on them to work with all the people who love ginseng.

Hugh

Re:NC Permits 8 years 10 months ago #35283

I agree Hugh. The park service and forest service only want to sit around and whine that gensing is endangered and poached too much but offer no insight as to how to help the situation. I'm with you, just find a nice place and plant.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 138 guests and no members online

Login