2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: SPRING

SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34569

Spring is just around the corner! I can wait to get out and peek around in the woods at what this fall is going to be like!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34570

I hear you...iam ready for spring...

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34572

I am sooooooooooo looking forward to spring.

I saved up and bought me a new Ascend D10T Kayak... just got it in a couple weeks ago (pic below).

Right after I got it in, we got this bad cold spell with lots of snow and ice and darn it - it is supposed to snow again tonight.

Looks like spring may be coming in a little later this year than the past few.

Can't wait for morel mushrooms, smallmouth bass and black perch... oh my !!!

Come on SPRING :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34574

NICE,TN!
I've had it on my mind for a couple years about getting my son and I a couple kayaks. I like that one much better than the ones I have seen so far. More room and tie-downs for gear and it looks sturdy built as well. Where does a fella look about finding that brand?

Hillhopper

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34576

looks like a great buy TN...looks like a lot of fun...

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34577

me too, spring can't be too close for me. I bought another mountain bike basically just for ginseng hunting. I've found it handy to pedal back those gas well roads and stash the bike in the woods, a real time saver. I will also use it to park the vehicle further down the road from where I plan on going in the woods,deflecting attention as to where I really am hunting. I had my old bike stolen last year, but that was because I got really sloppy in where I hid it.

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34578

I use a mt. bike bowhunting..great tool to get in quite..stash it in the woods and go...

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34580

Hill...

Bass Pro Shops carries the Ascend Kayaks... link below to the D10T.

www.basspro.com/Ascend-D10T-SitOnTop-Kay...duct/12102505321113/

I did a lot of research before deciding exactly what I wanted. I fish a lot in a small river and med/large creek and some in small ponds and lakes.

The one I got is what they call a Sit on Top kayak... If you fish smaller rivers and creeks where you may have to get in and out quite often... the SOT type kayak is really good for that. Very easy to just swing your legs over to the side and step out or in without capsizing the thing.

The D10T is 34\" wide, and this model is 10 ft long...

The width and how the bottom is made makes it very stable on the water. You can easily stand up in it and fish and I like that.

It is not fast (because of the width which makes it very stable)... but if you are more into fishing than cruising down the river or going long distances... the stability is what you want and you can give up some speed to get that.

I have been doing my river floats in a tube... so this is going to be a LOT nicer.

Below is youtube vid on it and it shows the guy standing in it and getting around in it some too.

This one weighs 65 lbs so I can easily put it in my truck and go, and it's very easy to get into more remote places where you don't have landing docks and such.

I also bought a kayak cart.. which you can easily place in the scupper holes and then just roll it where ever you want to go.

www.basspro.com/Ascend-Sit-On-Top-Kayak-...duct/12092409343777/

TNhunter

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34581

stable beats speed in my mind..

Re:SPRING 9 years 1 month ago #34582

All this spring weather fun has me fired up!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Who's Online

We have 633 guests and no members online

Login