2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: South Mississippi Hunting

South Mississippi Hunting 9 years 3 months ago #34077

I was curious if anyone knows how far south the the American Ginseng has been found? I live in South Mississippi (Biloxi) and was interested in trying my luck.
Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:South Mississippi Hunting 9 years 3 months ago #34078

The Map (image below) is included in Scott's Book and can be found online in several sources where the range of wild ginseng is the topic.

Biloxi is right on the coast so... Looks like you would have to go north a ways to have a better chance of finding seng.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:South Mississippi Hunting 9 years 3 months ago #34079

Thank you, I do believe I've only seen one Ginseng plant in the wild here in my area, I spend a lot of time hunting for Chinkapins and just generally walking around in the woods. It caught my eye because it's just not something I was used to seeing here, it stuck out in my mind but I've never seen another. I somewhat remember the location so this fall I'm gonna go check it out but it's the only one I can honestly say I remember ever seeing. If I can't find it again it'll give me an excuse to check out some new woods further north. Thanks again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 581 guests and no members online

Login