2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cullasaja River

Cullasaja River 9 years 5 months ago #33765

I was up on the Cullasaja River in NC a couple of weeks ago on a video shoot and really had to admire the ruggedness of the place. Anyone ever look for ginseng up there?

Oh and here is the video that I shot. http://vimeo.com/109949903

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 5 months ago #33768

I have been hiking up there. I would say the ginseng is abundant there. I ran into a giant copperhead last time I went hiking there. BTW, that is one of the most beautiful well shot videos I've ever seen. Fantastic job shooting and editing it.

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 5 months ago #33772

Thanks, I am glad that you enjoyed it. Definitely an area I hope to explore some more.

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 4 months ago #33832

Great work,Mark! My hat is off to you my friend.

Hillhopper

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 4 months ago #33861

That gorge is dangerous man. I have been in and out of that gorge since I was a kid. Check your ginseng map because there are areas that are national forest that you can't dig ginseng in just like Cowetta. As far as the Gorge goes I have broke bones, seen people break bones, and have seen a couple of people about die there. Weather, unstable ground, Sharp Rocks, unpredictable water, and others factors.

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 4 months ago #33892

I can't get the video to load on my home 'puter. I do love that area, been going into the Linville Gorge hiking for years. It's a beautiful, rugged area. Yeah, not for the faint of heart.

I have not seen any 'sang in my trips on the upper section of the gorge, however, i have seen one or two plants down at the bottom just above where the Linville river empties into Lake George.

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 4 months ago #33895

Without excuse...

Romans 1:20

Great work Mark

Re:Cullasaja River 9 years 4 months ago #33930

The cullasaja gorge is a area that is closed to ginseng harvesting on the Nantahala National Forest. There are several locations on the forest that are closed no exceptions.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 406 guests and no members online

Login