2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32829

On one hand I hate digging small roots, always love finding those monster plants, but on the other hand I do like the small, older roots to keep and eat on. They seem to be much more potent than the larger ones. What I found interesting is that the green 3 prong, that looked like it was only a 5-7 year old plant, is the one that had the 32 year old root attached. Funny how the tops can fool you sometimes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32839

Love those older bulb roots.

I would not sell that older one that has been eaten on... I would keep that baby and eat it myself. Nice.

Glad you are still finding a few.

I did my last hunt this morning... walked out 5 hollows where I should have found 100 roots or more... and only found 5 still standing.

Here in my area, those heavy rains this week, took what was left and put it down and out for the year.

Looks like you may be a week or so behind me on them going down. Get em while you can.

TNhunter

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32851

Thanks TN, sorry to hear it may be over for you. I got out again yesterday evening and dug about 4-5 ounces of good, old, bulby roots. Most around 12-20 years old. It's not much but still fun just being in the woods for a while. I found some small patches yesterday where there would be 1-2 yellow ones laying on the ground and one green as can be standing straight up right beside them.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32858

Some small ones I found yesterday that I'm gonna let grow a few more years. I found it interesting that some were yellow and laying down with one green as can be and standing strong all right beside each other.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 188 guests and no members online

Login