2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere

Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32771

I went this morning in hopes of finding some that haven't been knocked down by these storms this week and haven't had any luck. Thinking of trying again this evening but figured I'd see if anyone else in this area is having any luck still finding any right now. One place I went this morning I usually always find a few ounces worth digging but I didn't see any sign of it whatsoever.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32772

I know we are not in the same area or state but the other day I went out and found about 2 pound and most were green. Now they were not out in the open they were in itch weeds , thorn bushes , along creek banks in weeds and where the rabbits could run. The thicker the better. All I dug that day was large roots for here.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32774

Thanks, I've heard from a few people not too far away from me that what they have found this week was all yellow and almost laying down.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32783

We got some hard rains this week and a couple down pours today...

I am going in the morning for a while... not sure if any will still be standing or not.

What I saw last weekend and earlier this week (monday evening) looked like they were on their last leg.

The place I am going I have been before 3-4 years ago and found quite a bit then. Best I remember I dug around 10 oz there.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow morning.

TNhunter

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32804

dug few today then got drenched! all between dead and/or dying golden beautys to green with juicy berries. going in mrn if not raining.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32824

Hey guys, I went back yesterday evening for a bit, the woods I went to are known for small, old roots. I found just a few ounces worth but got some good aged roots. Most likely will keep these for myself to eat throughout the next year!!

I found solid green plants low on the hill and higher on the hill were yellow plants laying on the ground. Probably still some time left but not much. The roots in the pics came from the plants shown. One of the roots, the one that something had been eating on, I counted 32 growth scars on it.
Attachments:

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32825

Laying down
Attachments:

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32826

Old roots
Attachments:

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32827

32 year old root that had been eaten on.
Attachments:

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 9 years 5 months ago #32828

see damage
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Who's Online

We have 557 guests and no members online

Login