2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: great first season

great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32630

Hello, everybody! This season was my first hunting ginseng. Spent a lot of time scouting before season and was starting to lose hope until I found my first plant less than a week before Sept 1st, and it was a four prong! I have some pictures y'all would probably enjoy. Season is long gone here. Hope everyone else's went well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32631

Seem to be having trouble posting the pics, but the 4 in my avatar was my first plant.

Edit: think I figured it out...hope it works this time.
Attachments:

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32648

It worked:cheer:
Attachments:

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32649

Is it possible to post more than one pic per post?
Attachments:

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32653

Nice find bg. Just make sure you don't get ginseng fever because there's no cure as far as I know. Symptoms include insomnia, itching, and forgetfulness. Like forgetting to check the weather before you head out to hunt...:silly:

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32654

Thanks! too late, already exhibiting all those symptoms.:laugh: Can't wait till next season.
Attachments:

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32660

wildspirit44 wrote:

Nice find bg. Just make sure you don't get ginseng fever because there's no cure as far as I know. Symptoms include insomnia, itching, and forgetfulness. Like forgetting to check the weather before you head out to hunt...:silly:

You don't really have the fever fully set in though until your walking through the house, garage, a store etc... and see the shadowy shape of a fan of leaves from a ginseng plant in the corner of your vision. Then you know you have the fever full on. Great pics! I often snatch those turtles up for a trip home with me while hunting for the grand kids to check out before releasing back to the woods. They got to have at least 6-7 releases this year. They always love those turtles coming home for the few hours I let them be entertained before releasing again.

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32729

Haha I was that way when I started mushroom hunting, saw em everywhere. I use to bring box turtles home with me when I was a young'n and release back where I found them once my.mother discovered them. I've since found out they are a threatened species. Surprisingly so, they are everywhere where I ginseng hunt.

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32738

Nice seng... congrats on a good start.

GMCPaul.. ever time I hunt for a few hours... and after home and showered and doing something else the rest of the day... I see glimpses of seng tops when I blink my eyes, or look a different direction. I have seen it on light fixtures, the refrigerator, etc.

I think I have the fever bad and that has been happening for a long long time... since around 1976. Don't think there is a cure :-)

TNhunter

Re:great first season 9 years 6 months ago #32740

TNhunter wrote:

Nice seng... congrats on a good start.

GMCPaul.. ever time I hunt for a few hours... and after home and showered and doing something else the rest of the day... I see glimpses of seng tops when I blink my eyes, or look a different direction. I have seen it on light fixtures, the refrigerator, etc.

I think I have the fever bad and that has been happening for a long long time... since around 1976. Don't think there is a cure :-)

TNhunter

Yep no doubt about it text book classic symptoms you've got the seng-fever.
Sadly though it clears up in late October in most cases. But thankfully its something you don't seem to lose reoccurring yearly as it does.:) :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 200 guests and no members online

Login