2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 30 days gone october her we come

30 days gone october her we come 9 years 5 months ago #32184

I been in the woods thirty days in a row its been tough but season is short and I cant stand to wast any of it. from the looks of things it will be over a lot sooner then last year i dug uptil the 29th of october last year but i think maybe the 18th or so this year. So far we have drove about 3400 miles and walk atlest 400 more.broke my foot and damaged the tendons in my ankel in june and it hasnt healed properly almost constent pain turn it easily scream a lot but thats life sometimes better than sitting at home. found less ginseng then any time in my adult life so far maybe o tober will be better nobody can say i didnt try hard enough ha think after 33 years its getting about time to finally call it quits after this year. warning ginseng fever dont let it get the best of you i could have been a doctor ha. good luck everyone and godbless

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:30 days gone october her we come 9 years 5 months ago #32192

Hang in there, dude!

Re:30 days gone october her we come 9 years 5 months ago #32216

This was a tough year for me, actually this makes 3 tough years in a row. I'm thinking I'll be more of a grower than a hunter as the years progress. There just isn't enough untouched good woods around here. Lots of diggers + lots of logging + lots of houses being built + lots of landowners that won't give permission = not much ginseng.

Re:30 days gone october her we come 9 years 5 months ago #32241

I think it is just about done here, all I have found the last 3 days are brown and rain moving in tomorrow.

Re:30 days gone october her we come 9 years 5 months ago #32262

It hasn't rained in so long in western ky that the prongs are falling off a lot earlier than years past

Re:30 days gone october her we come 9 years 5 months ago #32277

Went on a dig last night, found that about 40% here in East Tn is starting to turn yellow. Now this may not be the case for the deeper darker hollers, I'll know more on that Sunday as that'll be be next outing. 90% chance of rain tomorrow and a lows dropping to 39 Saturday night, i'd say maybe another 2 weeks of hunting and it'll wrap up the season for me.

Now them buyers better, get their cash stocked back up and be ready to buy come the end of November, or we'll be having ginseng soup for Christmas dinner. :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 451 guests and no members online

Login