2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Billy

Re:Billy 13 years 11 months ago #3550

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I never did do any good shrooming this season the morrels just wherent hear as they usaly are I only found 11 :( wasent enoough for a good meal,it was very odd 11 in three hunts,and no one else aroubd here did good.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Billy 13 years 11 months ago #3551

good to hear from you Billy,our mushrooms came and went quickly this year...5,the 10 bore cost 158 bucks brand new with the add ons I'v got 268 bucks in it..we'v been on the on-line/ phone in check for sometime now...yes its faster and easier but you will be surprised at the people that will poach under the new system..it's way too easy..once you get your harvest home and in the barn who would ever know if you used your tag or not..one of my neighbors[72 years old]hes as honest as the day is long..but the ease of filling a tag multiple times was to much a temptation for him..I knew if it got that old man to poach then a lot of others were doing it too.

Re:Billy 13 years 11 months ago #3552

Billy you aren't the only one that had a poor season. I have talked to alot of people that didn't do well at all. I may be able to give you some tips on them that may help you out a bit if you like. Just contact me. Remember that there are many other types that you can pick this year still. Some of them as good as morels if not better. Chief I have seen the same thing from some friends. I don't hunt with some of them anymore due to this as I don't want any involvement in such things. Others I hunt with still, with the agreement that if they kill something while with me it will be tagged and/or counted in their bag limits. I'm curious on what the bag limits will be this coming season for waterfowl. I do know that in my area they should adjust the canada goose limits and dates. On the other side of the coin it is very cool about the rise of wood duck limits being raised. They have came a long ways since I have been around. I have areas where you could shoot LOADS of them. Always nice to be greeted in the morning with the screeches, whistles, and sounds of their wings cutting the morning air. If you haven't tried waterfowl hunting, do yourself a favor and try it out. It's the main reason I don't deer hunt anymore. LOL

Re:Billy 13 years 11 months ago #3577

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain looking forward to sharing some of our adventures during season together again this year.

Shroomy I woud appreciate any tips about hunting other shrooms etc as at this time they are the only ones I know how to hunt.I havent ever looked for or learned any of the others.

e-mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Billy 13 years 11 months ago #3580

looking forward to dig season...went over my limit last year..not going to hit it as hard ..make up for being greed last year...got 41 catfish today...

Re:Billy 13 years 11 months ago #3587

Billy I sent you an e-mail. Chief that's a NICE mess of fish there!! Good luck on the Ginseng this coming season!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 515 guests and no members online

Login