2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hunting Ginseng

Hunting Ginseng 9 years 6 months ago #32001

Ginseng hunting is really tough this year, not finding near as much as last year. Not seeing much on chat or forums either. Is everyone having as much trouble finding some? Anyone hear anything on prices anywhere? Been awful quiet this year compared to last. Maybe the lack of seng will drive prices up?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hunting Ginseng 9 years 6 months ago #32037

i feel your pain ive been hit and miss all season ive found some nice roots but over all im off about fifty percent from two years ago . some people are having a good year but a lot more tell me they cant find hardly any i cant speak for other parts of the country but i think southeast ky will have a pretty big drop in harvest this year

Re:Hunting Ginseng 9 years 6 months ago #32039

It probably depends on where you hunt most of all. If you're hunting a place that many people have access to it's probably because of the hunting pressure. I've hunted on private property the past few years and i'm still finding quite a bit, but after this year it will be more scarce for a while just from me hunting it. It only takes a hand full of people to totally wipe a place out for several years. I know just myself has covered a lot of woods. So, it may just come to you finding some new land prospects, just a thought.

Re:Hunting Ginseng 9 years 6 months ago #32054

Same amount found on our private grounds. The few areas we hunt that others are allowed though appear to have been wiped out between this year & last. Definitely more diggers out though as I've been seeing guys in camo's all summer & heavily this month with digging tool's and bags walking down the roads around here that never were seen before and from the others that know them I've been told they are meth tweakers.
Sad to see how bad some areas have been hit that we've tried to nurture back to health.
Paul

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 629 guests and no members online

Login