2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Todays hunt in south central kentucky

Todays hunt in south central kentucky 9 years 7 months ago #30448

here is a few we dug today so far we have dug 2 pounds 5 and 1/2 ounces green we had a great day today
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Todays hunt in south central kentucky 9 years 7 months ago #30449

more seng
Attachments:

Re:Todays hunt in south central kentucky 9 years 7 months ago #30451

kentuckyhilldigger,

Congrats on a great bunch of Ginseng roots! Those all look beefy and healthy. I hope you don't take offense but they roots are way too clean if you plan on drying them before selling and if you are selling them green, just shake the dirt off and sell them that way. That is how the way that the Chinese want them and as we all know, they are generally the main market buyers for most North American Wild Ginseng. Besides, leaving some dirt on them, gives you a little more weight when it comes time to sell!

Frank

Re:Todays hunt in south central kentucky 9 years 7 months ago #30487

Very nice ginseng, your having a good yr. Huntsman is right, unless your eating those you want to leave some dirt on them if you plan on marketing them. If you dig more this season and want to market them def. leave some dirt on them as it help show off the compression rings (horizontal rings) around the main root. No offense but it looks to me that some of the skin was rubbed off the roots, you never want to rub them to hard or use ANY kind of brush on them as this decreases the value substantially...have a great and safe season

Re:Todays hunt in south central kentucky 9 years 7 months ago #30505

Great looking roots there kyhilldigger.

TNhunter

Re:Todays hunt in south central kentucky 9 years 7 months ago #30510

nice roots look a lot different then the ones i dig over in southeastern ky i once dug a little yellow root out that way found some similar looking root in lincoln co. have a good season

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Who's Online

We have 662 guests and no members online

Login