2024 Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: the dreadful lyme disease

the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27956

My great season last ur came with a price. I've gone threw some terrible side effects due to are little pest the tick. It started out with a little rash that didn't look like the bulls eye rash. I though nothing of it . it went away after a week then things were OK. A month later major joint pain in the fingers and knees n neck the arm where the rash was went numb n had pins n needles feeling. Went to my Dr. n he said arthritis n sent me to c heart Dr. I'm only 35 n the thought of living with arthritis that long was not to fun. My heart Dr. ran some test n did the fun stress test n found out my heart was skipping a beat and first thing he asked was had I ever been bit by a tick I laughed n said many. Did lyme test n Dr. said it was definitely lyme. A whole month of nasty antibiotics which made me sick and gave me fungal infections in not so nice places. But doing good now knees hurt still n Dr. says only time will tell if it will go away n might need a pace maker now. Have any of u had lyme disease? What have u done to cope with the pain? Hope none of u ever get it if u haven't had it, it really sucks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27960

Man that sounds bad Hobbler, hope you get over it all and are ready to hit the woods soon.

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27963

Hobler666shang,
Sorry to hear that, bud. That really hits home because I have often wondered what has kept me from getting it. My work and hunting ginseng affords me the opportunity to pull and scrape them off by the hundreds every year \"literally\". I stopped counting last year at 400 and have already pulled three this year.

Folk like us may need to forget about our dogs and buy a tick collar for ourselves!

Im a firm believer in Ginseng's medicinal and adaptogenic effects. I would start taking it to help myself along in squeezing that mess out of me if I were you. In a nutshell, if something in your body is off kilter, Ginseng helps your system to make it right. I take it everyday in my coffee via a tincture Iv made and after a couple weeks I could really tell a difference in my overall feeling and mood. I wouldn't bother with the pill form or that Wisconsin stuff, we have the best by leaps and bounds right here in our backyard.

I use the small, old roots I dig (after they're dry) and put them in a pint jar about 1/2-3/4 full then pour it to the top with 80 proof or stronger alcohol. After they soften a bit I'll take them out and chop them up in 1/8 inch slices, put the pieces back in and let it set for two weeks. After two weeks, strain the liquid and compress the rest out from your root pieces and you'll have yourself a Wild Ginseng Tincture that will keep for a very,very long time and is easy to take. You will have an amber colored tincture that is super concentrated. Wild Ginseng tincture likes this are available to buy but are very expensive and diluted way down with vanilla extract, much better to make it yourself.

Medicine bottles with a dropper are the easiest to use and I put about 6or7 drops in my coffee every morning. It's as simple a routine as adding a little sugar or milk. You can try and see if it helps........and hey, if it doesn't, you'll have some 80 proof medicine for when the wife:kiss: is getting on your nerves!
Seriously though,good luck.

Hillhopper

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27969

Hobler,

I really hate to hear that you got the dreaded Lyme Disease, have dealt with and are dealing with a lot of pain and problems! I am really glad that the Doctor caught it early enough to heal many or the problems that Lyme Disease is know to cause! If untreated, a person's health can seriously go downhill in just a few years and be pretty much incapacitated.

I agree with Hillhopper about the use of Ginseng to get you well and to help with the pain and side effects of the disease. I would also recommend taking a Vitamin B-6 Complex as it will alleviate a lot of the pain and inflamation. Also, the Herbal Industry has made great strides in recent years in formulating Herbal remedies to alleviate the side effects and problems caused by Lyme Disease, to promote a healthy Immune system and fight off Parasitic Infections. You might look into Artemisinin SOD as it seems to be effective for late stage Lyme Disease treatment and may be more effective for folks that have been infected by the disease but it was caught early. lymeinside.wordpress.com/tag/black-walnut-hull/

Frank

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27973

Lyme disease is a real S*^#*Ty disease. there are many symptoms, and the severity of it's affects are varied from one person to the next. You were lucky in one regard, Hober, that you got a Dr that diagnosed it. some people don't their real definitive diagnosis [dx] for many many months aftward contracting it, as the symptoms sometimes look like other disease states.

that being said, I have to agree with Huntsman and Hillhopper about taking very very good care of yourself. their suggestions about using our favorite herb to give a curative assist are great! Also agreed on a frest locally grown root for such purposes.

Hill- thanks for the recipe for a tincture! I'll try that sometime soon.

My job is stressful [I'm in heathcare] and I use 1000gm of powdered 'sang about x3 a week, as a part of my daily compliment of vitamins. I would also recommend that if you are not presently taking vit.s that you begin doing so. our bodies just do not get the needed nutrients and vit.s thru the \"average\" American diet.

Good luck, and please let us know how it's going!

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27978

Thxs guys I'll b sure to try ur info but the ginseng will have ta wait til September unless my dealer has some around I'm sure he does cause he eats it himself as for an update I guess my knee is injured or the early onset of arthritis. I go to my heart Dr in June n hope my heart has stopped skipping a beat. I'll b buying tons of deep woods off this yr for sure.

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27980

Hobler,

My oldest daughter concoted an Herbal Bug Repellent last year and it really worked well. I will see if she can remember all of the ingredients and post them here, so you all can try it out. Like most of you, she and myself do not like using the chemical bug repellents as some can be very dangerous if you inhale the mist, absorb them into your' skin, get them in your eyes, etc., etc. ... There are a lot of Herbs that will repel most bugs and ticks and when some are mixed together the right way, they will keep most anything away and probably even attack dogs! Yeah, some smell bad while many others do not, so you have to mix more of the good smelling ones in to offset the bad smelling ones.

I hope that your' heart has gone back to normal rythm without any complications! For your' knee, the Vitamin B-6 Complex will help with that as well as try some natural remedies and pain relievers. You should be able to find most of what you might need in the fields and woods near you. (See the link below for some natural solutions.) Just make sure that you mix them correctly and take what is recommended, as some herbs can be harmful in large doses or used over an extended period of time.

www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4815/5-Herbs-for...itis-Joint-Pain.html

Frank

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27988

Hobbler...

I have found that deep woods off works well enough at chiggars but does not always stop ticks.

There is a product named permanon that will sure stop ticks but it is not for treating your skin - only your clothing.

I don't like spraying chemicals either, but I hate ticks & chiggars even more.

It helps a lot if you dress for the ticks.

Pants legs tucked inside your boots and shirt tail tucked in. Make it hard for them to get access to your skin. When a tick gets on you they normally crawl up and go in the first opening they find. You can make it harder on them by tucking in pants legs and shirt tails and then spraying around the top of your boots, pants legs and around your waist line.

Something else... I was shopping for for some hunting pants the other day and noticed a product on cabelas and sportsmans guide called Elimitick - and it was getting good reviews.

Below is some info I found on it. (how it works).

The Elimi-tick clothing system consists of 4 different garments; hat, long sleeve t-shirt, button-up shirt, and 5 pocket pants. Each one is available individually but most effective as a whole system. The secret in this anti-tick forcefield is a man-made element of the chrysanthemum flower which is strongly bonded into the fibers of the clothing. According to Gamehide, these fabrics retain their effective power throughout the life of the garment and remain highly effective up to 70 washings! Another great thing about Elimi-Tick is it is odorless and invisible.

I have not tried them... but wondering if any of you guys have heard of this or tried it out.
Clothing that has built in tick repellant would sure be nice (if it really works). Many of the reviewers seem to think it does.

TNhunter

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #27990

Tn I haven't heard of the elmi tick but I'm gonna look into it now . I do take all precautions to try to keep them away but it's never perfect as we all know but I'll b more careful now more than ever. And I thank u all for the great advice

Re:the dreadful lyme disease 10 years 5 months ago #28025

I share your pain last year i came down with rockymountain spotted fever at first i thought it was lyme disease i started out with pain in all my joints than a high fever with chills but no rash I went to the doctor and he started me on anabiatics even be for my test came back he told me thatwith out treatment spotted fever is upto30% fatal took me about a month to regain any strenth and i still have alot of joint pain hope it goes away with time .

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Who's Online

We have 318 guests and no members online

Login