2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: has anyone noticed this aswell?

has anyone noticed this aswell? 14 years 6 months ago #2698

• hillbillyankee69
  • hillbillyankee69's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
when im out hunting ginseng...it seems like the ones i find in the hardest dryest parts of the ground produce much bigger roots... just wondering if there was anyone else thats noticed this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:has anyone noticed this aswell? 14 years 5 months ago #2713

It seems like they might be longer because that root is seeking out moisture, but I've not noticed roots being any bigger around. I think good soil and old age and the right amount of light produce big roots.

Re:has anyone noticed this aswell? 14 years 5 months ago #2715

• somerset
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here in Kentucky we have had more rain during the summer than normal this year, after two very dry years. Ginseng that grows in dry areas in times of drought dies back very early in July well before ginseng season begins. It is not found and dug so it increases in age and size plus a lot of people do not look in dry areas for ginseng which also helps. This year the dry areas have had plenty of rain and ginseng still has its leaves here in my area.

Re:has anyone noticed this aswell? 14 years 5 months ago #2716

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Somerset you are rite I am also in Ky and I love dry ridges where I know seng grows well in the holers surrounding them on a wet year and I have found some of my best plants there,just not as often as the moisture areas,but when you do get that goodie it is worth all the times when it is not there,so keep looking em :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 770 guests and no members online

Login