2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: a few pictures from the past couple trips out

Re:a few pictures from the past couple trips out 14 years 6 months ago #2668

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Shroomy look what i just found on these
hen of the woods shrooms
I thought this was very good,and you say they taste good also.Do you make them as you would a morril ? How do you prepare them ? Can you store them ?

Maitaike Mushrooms - High in nutrients including Vitamins B-2, C, D, niacin, magnesium, potassium, fiber, and amino acids, Maitake mushrooms contain the polysaccharide compound beta-1.6-glucan which naturally stimulates the immune system and lowers blood pressure. Beneficial for obesity and diabetic patients, the Maitake mushroom may be best known for its cancer fighting ability. Tests in mice prove that it blocks tumor formation and boosts the immune system. Available fresh or as supplement)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:a few pictures from the past couple trips out 14 years 6 months ago #2679

billy they are great and can cook them the same as you do the morels ... and many, many other ways ... pick (cut) you some and try em out ... im pretty sure you will like them ... they dehydrate super well (thats how i store mine) or you can cook then freeze em .... let me know if ya have any questions and ill try to help you out the best i can .... went to a new woods today ... it REALLY needs a good looking over ... but found one point that was unreal ... i dug 57 big mature plants ... most of those came off of that point ... there were tons of singles and 2 prongs .... my friend and his girlfriend dug some too ... not sure of the tally but i would think they dug close to the amount i dug (together) ... the woods should be awesome in a few years ... i do know we were finding ALOT of 2 prongs midway down the hill on a couple long ridges ... but we didnt have much time to go high and look for the parent plants ... maybe in a few days ... or years ... no matter they are there and hope they stay there until i get back there .... saw some cort mushrooms, and some fresh chickens .... wont be long and there should be mushrooms everywhere with the rain we have been getting .... but im slacking on the shrooms due to ginseng ... LOL

Re:a few pictures from the past couple trips out 14 years 6 months ago #2680

billy they are great and can cook them the same as you do the morels ... and many, many other ways ... pick (cut) you some and try em out ... im pretty sure you will like them ... they dehydrate super well (thats how i store mine) or you can cook then freeze em .... let me know if ya have any questions and ill try to help you out the best i can .... went to a new woods today ... it REALLY needs a good looking over ... but found one point that was unreal ... i dug 57 big mature plants ... most of those came off of that point ... there were tons of singles and 2 prongs .... my friend and his girlfriend dug some too ... not sure of the tally but i would think they dug close to the amount i dug (together) ... the woods should be awesome in a few years ... i do know we were finding ALOT of 2 prongs midway down the hill on a couple long ridges ... but we didnt have much time to go high and look for the parent plants ... maybe in a few days ... or years ... no matter they are there and hope they stay there until i get back there .... saw some cort mushrooms, and some fresh chickens .... wont be long and there should be mushrooms everywhere with the rain we have been getting .... but im slacking on the shrooms due to ginseng ... LOL

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login