2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: new member

new member 10 years 4 months ago #26178

hey everyone i just became member of this site. i found it trying to find someone to sell to as no one in my area is worth dealing with. i ben huntin seng since i was ten with my dad and grandpa. i love climbing the mountains. i sold about a pound and a half this year to billy taylor who i met from here.i enjoyed all the pics and discussions on here and wanted to be a part of it. true sengers are a dieing breed. gonna have to start taking a camera with me i can see. but look forward to talking to evetyone and best of luck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26179

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
Welcome a board. Very good people on this forum. Hope you enjoy.

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26180

Welcome aboard thomas. Just like my buddy Bellco told u this place is gr8! Alot of info. on this site with alot of expert sengers. If u sold to Mr Taylor then u know u have already met one of the best. Where in Tn. u from?

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26181

Hey, TennesseeThomas
Welcome to this fine board. What part of Tennessee are you from? That comment that you made about the dealers not being worth dealing with where you live sure hit a note with me. It's sad that almost all of the local dealers are running $150.00-$200.00 less than prices just 75-100 miles away in the state. That speaks volumes about their credibility. I'm located here in Morristown. Hope to run into you sometime.
Hugh

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26185

Morristown, land of the lakes! Love fishing down that way Hugh. And welcome Thomas!

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

Hey, TennesseeThomas
Welcome to this fine board. What part of Tennessee are you from? That comment that you made about the dealers not being worth dealing with where you live sure hit a note with me. It's sad that almost all of the local dealers are running $150.00-$200.00 less than prices just 75-100 miles away in the state. That speaks volumes about their credibility. I'm located here in Morristown. Hope to run into you sometime.
Hugh

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26188

i am from crossville. the places i hunt seng around here i have ben going to since i was a kid. would like to get acess to new places.

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26189

yea me and my dad and grandpa for that matter have always sold to this same guy for years. he started picking through it several years back and just dont give near what i see everyone else give just few counties away. no telling how much seng and goldenseal and other stuff we have sold him and the money he made off us. when i had a talk with him about it it was not the right answer to give me. so i decided to just go for a drive and i sold to mr. taylor

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26191

tennesseethomas... I also want to welcome you to the forums and hope that you will stay and share many stories, photos and/or videos with us!

I have also seen a fairly large spread in Dealer pricing around here. One wonders if it is either due to personal greed or from ignorance (not keeping up with market trends) but is probably a little bit of both. While the pricing should be generally based on size, quality and condition, I have seen Ads on Craigslist where some Dealers are paying you more if you have more (i.e. they pay you less per pound if you only have a pound or less but significantly jump the price up if you have 3 pounds or more). This game won't work with me as Ginseng is a commodity just like Gold or Silver! If I have decent sized, guality roots that are in great condition, then if the base price (per pound) is broken down to pricing per ounce, then they should pay me the same for my' Ginseng roots based on the base price per pound, no matter if I only have 5 ounces or I have 50 ounces or 100 ounces or more of Ginseng roots. Besides, at the end of the buying day, they (the Dealers) pretty much lump all similar sized and quality roots together in one container, so it should not matter how much I have to sell (a little or a lot). It is just a gimmick that never has and never will work on me and for one (a Dealer) to try it on me, they will only see my' a%$ as I walk away!

Due to my' back problems and lack of locations to hunt, I very seldom ever have over a pound of dry Ginseng roots to sell. Should this make my' roots less valuable (per ounce) than the 5 or 10 pounds of roots that someone else brings in? No it does not and especially if they are similar sized, quality and condition!

Frank

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26226

2 oz. root i found. only one i ever took picture of.
Attachments:

Re:new member 10 years 4 months ago #26243

tennesseethomas wrote:

2 oz. root i found. only one i ever took picture of.

tennesseethomas... That is a very nice root and congrats! Just imagine how big that old one would have been if it were not for the moles and voles eating away at the necks (it has/had mutliples), the main root and secondary (the larger one) root??!!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 534 guests and no members online

Login