2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24864

How far north are you manroot? Im in Kentucky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24865

GibsonGranada wrote:

Nice haul manroot. I've never had a day like that but I keep waiting on my ship to come in.;)

Gibson...I haven't had a day like that in a few years, the 91 oz was from 3-4 days.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24866

GibsonGranada wrote:

How far north are you manroot? Im in Kentucky

I'm in Southern Minnesota

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24867

I tell you, even in 3-4 days its impressive. I live in Eastern KY and the mining and logging has ripped and gutted most of the good senging areas that were cared for by my grandparents and great uncles but its still hanging on. I take berries into the woods with me regulary from my patch behind the house and try to keep it going as best as I can. I just enjoy the thrill of it. Good luck with the rest of your season. You're off to a quick start.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24868

huntsman53 wrote:

Manroot... Congrats on a great seng season and one heck of a haul so far! There are some really nice roots in the first pic.

Frank

Thank you. Remember the big ones are always just around the next hill, or on the other side of the ravine! I have really pushed myself to go the extra mile (literally) this year and been rewarded with big roots.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24870

GibsonGranada wrote:

I tell you, even in 3-4 days its impressive. I live in Eastern KY and the mining and logging has ripped and gutted most of the good senging areas that were cared for by my grandparents and great uncles but its still hanging on. I take berries into the woods with me regulary from my patch behind the house and try to keep it going as best as I can. I just enjoy the thrill of it. Good luck with the rest of your season. You're off to a quick start.

I have found some of my spots have been logged this year as well. That's great of you to supplement the places with your own berries. Yes, the thrill is just like catching the 10 pound bass or tagging the 10 point buck. Nothing like seeing a huge droopy yellow 4 prong up the hill, gets my heart pounding every time!

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24872

I agree 100%. It's always a thrill.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24874

Manroot. I have pushed to the limit several times this year. Sometimes I wonder, Is this worth it!? But then the next day the ol seng bug bites me again! I hope to hunt it till I take up a rocking chair. :silly:

Thank you. Remember the big ones are always just around the next hill, or on the other side of the ravine! I have really pushed myself to go the extra mile (literally) this year and been rewarded with big roots.[/quote]

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24906

Nice diggin manroot. Looks like some nice roots in there. I also pushed myself to go the extra mile n My partner n I found the biggest patch of r lives dug 16lbs of wet shang in one day.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24917

such a wonderful find mr. taylor !! I am new on the forum and have been following you for the past cpl. yrs. and it is great to know you are a god fearing man as well. I posted 2 of my favorite roots today leaving you a wonderful comment commending you as THE BEST SHANG HUNTER east of the Mississippi..second to my wife of course, as she is sitting next to me...smile she is as good a shanger as us both !! god has blessed us always. be well my friend.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 171 guests and no members online

Login